Pulp Cthulhu: The Two-Headed Serpent 1 (Bolivia)

Roger has been talking about running this for a while… and the Wharties indulge in two-fisted action!

Session 0 - Mystic Secretary: Character generation (and swearing at software).

Session 1 - Use Him As a Shield, Check If He’s Alive: Sorry, could you just repeat what you saying before you got shot in the head?

Session 2 - The Language That Brings Us Together: On one side, the cream of the Bolivian Army. On the other, pulp heroes.

Session 3 - Fastball Special the Private Dick: I do not think most Bolivian officers have loose flappy skin over their lizard heads.

Session 4 - Mars Just Seems More Obvious: Into the forest in quest for the temple guardian. But first, dissection!

Session 5 - Oiled-Up Vicar: After dealing with what was in the very deep hole, our heroes come to realise that they must find an entirely new means of screwing up.

Session 6 - Arm Your Marmoset: Sooner or later, every adventure has a dungeon.

Session 7: Scaly Suffragettes: What is a solid jade commode worth, anyway?

4 Likes

Wahey! Two-fisted and two-headed, eh? This episode of high-quality binaural entertainment must certainly be worth tuppence! :crossed_fingers: :snake: :snake:

1 Like

Did Shimmin just sneak a Warhammer 40k-themed Alanis Morissette joke under the radar? May the God-Emperor preserve us! Irony is heresy! :scream: And spoons are definitely heresy! :spoon: :spoon: :spoon: :spoon: :spoon:

1 Like

Session 2 - The Language That Brings Us Together: On one side, the cream of the Bolivian Army. On the other, pulp heroes.

3 Likes

Any bets on how long it will take before one of Nick’s occasional memory lapses will cause his detective character’s name to devolve from “Dirk Donut” to “Dork Dunnit, the dick what done it”? :wink:

1 Like

So basically Nudge Nudge? Monty Python's Flying Circus: Just the Words - Episode 3

1 Like

“This Cthulhu, is he, eh… Is he a voomer? Know what I mean? Know what I mean?”

“I beg your pardon?”

“Is he a voomer? Does he… ‘va-va-voom’?

“I’m sorry, I don’t quite follow you.”

“Does Cthulhu… voom? Or wazam? Or maybe a bit of ‘whoa-whoa-de-wow’? Say no
more. Eh?”

“De… wow? You mean, ‘devour’? Well, he likes devouring cultists, yes!”

“I bet he does, I bet he does!”

1 Like

[cultist of Shub-Niggurath across the room draws 95% of the male gazes and 15% of the female merely by lighting a cigarette]

1 Like

Session 3 - Fastball Special the Private Dick: I do not think most Bolivian officers have loose flappy skin over their lizard heads.

3 Likes

A new species of snake – Bothrops monsignifer, the mountain fer-de-lance viper – was recently discovered in Bolivia. Clearly, the country is teeming with unexpected reptiles.

1 Like

My preferred reptiles tend to have names like mortiferum or vespillo. I shall not comment on whether there may or may not be a volcano later in the campaign.

:snake: :volcano: :lizard:

Session 4 - Mars Just Seems More Obvious: Into the forest in quest for the temple guardian. But first, dissection!

3 Likes

Session 5 - Oiled-Up Vicar: After dealing with what was in the very deep hole, our heroes come to realise that they must find an entirely new means of screwing up.

3 Likes

No doubt they’ll be up to the task. :wink: Here come the new screw-ups, same as the old screw-ups.

1 Like

Session 6 - Arm Your Marmoset: Sooner or later, every adventure has a dungeon.

2 Likes

Session 7: Scaly Suffragettes: What is a solid jade commode worth, anyway?

Which completes this chapter of the campaign.

2 Likes

Incidentally, for people who care about that sort of thing, we’re now on iTunes and Spotify. If there’s some other service that you prefer to listen through, give me a shout and I’ll see what I can do. (Personally I just use the RSS feed directly, but…)

3 Likes