[PbP] Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

“I am willing to join you. However you may wish to appraise our employers of this little excursion. For the sake of prudence, in the event that we go missing.”

2 Likes

“I’m not sure I would like to leave the place, and I’m too scared that we’re going to be asked to stay put…”
Meinrad looks around. Can I find a kid that could deliver a message?

1 Like

(I’m fairly certain that can easily be done. How does Meinrad go about finding a trusty messenger?)

I’ll go find the boy who found us in the first place! He should have enough motivation to be trustworthy!

2 Likes

Finding your way back to his home is not difficult. What is the message, who is he taking it to, is there anything else that Meinrad (or any of the others) wants to add or elaborate on with regards to this plan?

Else has no intention of letting that sergeant know anything of her plans!

2 Likes

Fronika is extremely uneasy (but what is new?).
“I don’t think that the sergeant will be shedding tears on our behalf, no matter how badly this goes, nor will he be sending more lambs to the slaughter. Let him know we’re staying to investigate so that he doesn’t give our bunks away prematurely, I guess.”
She looks dourly at the boat and the splintered planks.
“I’m more concerned we don’t end up like… This… Anything that splits tarred wood like matchsticks is suicide to take head on. We need some sort of bait, to lure it out to be safely executed at a distance by -” She gestures sheepishly at Else, realizing that they haven’t really spoken since the terse exchange at the courthouse, “uh, you, if it pleases you, that is.”

3 Likes

Meinrad nods his head
“You’re all right, we probably need to be careful not too say to much, but also not to say too little to Rutger. Let’s just say we’re looking into it, and will be back soon. Is that alright with everyone?”
He’ll then pat Fronika on the shoulder
“Don’t worry about monster! It’s probably just goons trying to scare folks away! Beside, we slayed a basilisk once, and it was easy as cake! Right Else?”

1 Like

Else grunts, remembering the wound she took.

"Monster or goons, something is definitely afoot. And if investigating down here is going to annoy that bastard Rutger, I’m all for it.

Let’s find somewhere we can observe without being observed." Else will look for a suitable spot

2 Likes

(Could you define what criteria Else is looking for in her observation point? Anyone with additional thoughts please chip in.

What’s the exact instructions for the boy?)

To see as much of the dock as possible. Any boats looking unused that we could conceal ourselves on and peer over gunwales, stacks of crates to hide behind, that kind of thing

2 Likes

There’s the lean-to shack that the one-eyed lady pointed out to Meinrad as belonging to Dirk, who she identified as one of the missing. A little applied effort could easily create suitable viewing points in the rotten boards of the structure.

Otherwise you can take a further wander to identify another location, but you are aware that you’ll likely draw more attention the longer you traipse along the riverbank. If anyone or anything is paying attention that is.

You are on day patrol, and it is about midday. How are you setting your watch?

1 Like

Looking over to Meinrad “Your message is fine with me.”

Amris walk over to Else and attempts to assist with the observation hide. Poking out various holes using his dagger.

2 Likes

I send the boy with the following message (I try to make him remember it)

“This is the new patrol of Meinrad, Amris, Else and Fronika. We are following on our investigation of the disappearance on the docks and will not be back for the night. We will provide a full report as soon as we get back”

If it is still day, Meinrad will telI to the others : “I want to know if I can go into the water and look under where the boat was for clue. I’ll get undressed for it to limit weight. I would love if somedy could assist with a rope or something I could tie myself too; if it is too deep for me that is”

1 Like

(To be clear you’re sending the boy to find Rudi, or is he to report to the Watch house, or is it any Watch members he finds?)

I think I say the Watch house. It’s probably the easiest to find.

2 Likes

(Sorry for slowness - points to consider with your idea: (1) Meinrad doesn’t have the Swim skill; (2) none of the characters have any rope; (3) the water of the river is very muddy and gloomy, and you would be hard pressed to see through the murk.)

1 Like

(Meinrad - are you going to try and think of a way past those difficulties? In fact, can you please give me an easy (+40) Outdoor Survival test)

(As for the rest of you, you’ve got a stake out place identified, and are busy readying it. What are you plans for conducting your watch over the river?)

“Right, we’ll take watches, two awake at any time. I’ll take first watch. I don’t really mind who chooses to stay up with me. If anything happens, wake the others and don’t try any bloody heroics!

1 Like

@Cokho asked for a die roll:
Meinrad Outdoor survival
d100: 100 vs outdoor survival 80 (40+40)

2 Likes