[PbP] - The Quiet Year - discussion

Since we never got to finish the game of The Deep Forest over on the old forum :sob:, I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in starting a game of The Quiet Year here (possibly followed up by The Deep Forest).

In the game you collectively play a community struggling to rebuild after the collapse of civilisation. The game takes place on a map collaboratively drawn by the players. A deck of cards is used to represent the year over which the game takes place. Each of the 52 cards corresponds to a week, and trigger certain events that affect the community. At the end of the year the ā€œFrost Shepherdsā€ arrive, and the game ends.

Thereā€™s space for up to four more players - let me know if youā€™d like to join in :slight_smile:

Edit: almost forgot a link to the SU&SD video:
The Quiet Year - A Perfect Game for Isolation - Shut Up & Sit Down

3 Likes

YES! ! ! I would love to.

2 Likes

Color me interested.

1 Like

This will give me an excuse to finally finish reading through the rules.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™d be up for this. My artistic talent however is somewhere between toddler and elephant-holding-a-paint-brush-with-its-trunk

1 Like

If itā€™s any consolation, I present to you an image from our game of The Deep Forest:

Artistic talent definitely not required!

4 Likes

Iā€™d be down! T.w.e.n.t.y characters

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved: ! Iā€™ll join the next one.

2 Likes

So, looks like me @RossM, @Snobbydolphin, @IssiNoho77, and @GabrielH.

Not sure how long it will take me to figure out setup, but Iā€™ll aim to have everything ready by Saturday at the latest :slight_smile:

(First dibs to you next time @Cokho :+1: )

2 Likes

(More than happy to stand down for you @Cokho)

2 Likes

(please donā€™t ! Iā€™m happy to let this one pass to be fresh minded for the next one)

2 Likes

2 Likes

Iā€™ve renamed this as the discussion thread: for rules discussion, jokes, complimenting peopleā€™s drawing, etc. Iā€™ll make a new thread for the actual game.

Is it acceptable to send people the rules PDF? I can copy bits into the thread(s) but it could be handy for people to have their own to consult.

ā€¦Contains all the cards and is freely available on the creators website.

1 Like

Iā€™d be in for a game another time. Have never ā€œPBFedā€ before :confused:

3 Likes

Feel free to follow along and see how it goes!

1 Like

Just a quick apology for holding things up. Had a personal loss happen suddenly Thursday night and I have a large number of friends in Atlanta and NYC living in the center of protests and riots. Wasnā€™t in a place to effectively engage.

2 Likes

As said repeatedly by people better than me, RL > PBF. Never feel the need to apologise.

3 Likes

No worries. Stuff happens, and it was barely a hold up in any case :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope your friends in Atlanta and NYC are safe.

I promise I havenā€™t forgotten, just waiting for a time I can access an actual computer. Currently working 75 hours a week, so Iā€™m a bit delayed. :weary::exploding_head:

1 Like