PBF Mage Knight

Wait why didn’t I get a third command token on level up? Different characters or is it something else?

You did, I thought I mentioned it in direct message. I only thought to include it in the screenshot this time.

(The “what you did this turn” screenshot initially wasn’t intended to include any end-of-turn rewards, but then I figured it was better to include as much as I can, so it hasn’t been consistent all game. I confused myself, because the die roll should come before the rewards, but now I need to leave the die there, add automatic rewards, but can’t do card rewards until a decision is made, etc.)

1 Like

So, I would like to use Magic Talent with what looks like a golden Mana to acquire a spell. I will use the Herbalists to generate a green Mana and acquire Meditation. It just looks so nice and green, the Herbalists are going to love that next round :slight_smile:

Then I want to use Tranquility to heal one of my wounds.

And if I can, I would like to discard the other wound card to use Improvisation for a move 3 (+1) back to that green crystal mine. If I cannot do that I will use Druidic Paths instead.

1 Like

I forgot to assign the banner I found in the ruins… ponders for a moment who will profit the most from the Banner of Fear. „I name the Foresters the Band of Fear“

1 Like

Wounds cannot be used to power Improvisation.

Over to @Marx

1 Like

Time to show those Thugs what-for!

I’ll play Stamina powered by a blue crystal to move into the Fort.
I’ll then play Determination for Block 2, and Threaten sideways for Block 3.
Lastly, Chivalry plus a White crystal for Attack 4, and then Rage for Attack 2. That gives me the win, plus an additional +1 Fame and +1 Reputation.

2 Likes

You have again forgotten your skill - do you want to use it?

1 Like

One of these days I will remember.

Sure! I’ll save Rage and use my Skill instead. Thanks!

r3t4004fame

Wolfhawk has an empty deck and 4 cards in hand.

Over to @Lordof1

Okay, green mana from the source for March, and Swiftness, for 6 movement points - 4 gets me one hex east (where the dragon was), and the other 2 coupled with flight flaps me over to the crystal mine.

I’ll use my purloined green mana for Tranquility to heal both my injured units. Will focus gets me another green mana crystal. I think I’m done otherwise.

Your crossbowmen require 2 heal to be healed.

Ahh okay, heal them and leave the scouts injured for now.

The mage tower is defended by fortified ice mages.
The city is defended by a brutal crypt worm that is double-fortified, fortified physical-resistant illusionists who’ll probably summon brutal illusions, and fortified brutal poisonous hags.

Note that Goldyx only has 1 card in hand now.

Over to @yashima

1 Like

Ahh… circles. My ideas… go in circles.

I play Swiftness for 2 Move to explore–I considered that mage tower but…

You have found the white city - all units here have +1 armour.

There’s also the rampaging dragon, and our first spawning ground. This site can be entered as an action, and you would face two monsters for a reward of three crystals and an artifact - but only if you defeat both of them in one turn (if you only defeat one, a replacement shows up).

1 Like

I am unclear what happens with cards in hand between rounds. Do I keep what I got left? How many are left in my deck?

I realize now that my whole move hinges on two mising movement points I could have kept if I didn’t explore -.- Ah well… mistakes are made.

(my hope was that I might get a rampaging monster I could defeat, my other idea to get at the ice mages in their tower just doesn’t work out. Even ignoring block and using the Foresters from the display for help via Call to Arms. there is no way to defeat that rampaging dragon without taking more wounds than I care to risk carrying into the next round.)

So since none of my other plans look great, I am probably just going to go heal. That healing glade next to that lake 3 leagues to the south looks great. Via the plains and the forest I would need 10 movement.
Using my white crystal to power Call to Arms with the Foresters from the display reduces that to 8 and they provide 2 movement as well. Secret Paths provide 1 so I can use Improvisation with the gold mana from the source and discarding Promise should give me 5 movement and bring me to that pretty green restful place.

You have 2 cards left in your deck.

When a round ends, all your cards are shuffled together into your deck.

This round won’t end until someone calls end of round, after which you get another turn.

Because it’s a “new” mechanic, I’m going to make a suggestion. Next round, elite units will be in the offer. These are significantly better than regular units. For that reason, it might pay off to be sitting on a recruitment site at the end of this round. Like that keep? If you backtrack all the way to that glade, I think the likely outcome is that you get a dragon kill, Goldyx conquers the city, then you have to travel a lot more to find anything to do.

Don’t forget you can move across lakes (not sure if this is significant, haven’t checked - actually, bear in mind all my comments are on the general situation, I haven’t looked at your hand lately.)

As another thing that might not be obvious: there is a risk for Goldyx (and you, if you backtrack) that both remaining core tiles get placed in the northeast. In that event, countryside tiles can be drawn “from the box” and placed next to 3+ adjacent tiles to fill “holes”, but they will lack decent targets.

2 Likes

You are right, of course. I was possibly just a bit scared on gambling yet again. Because I have to gamble that I can deal with whatever is in the keep.

Before I get there I have to decide if I want to use the blue mana from the source to move through the lake. Which is probably the best way to save some cards for whatever is in the fortress. So… here goes another attempt.

I prepare Ambush with a green crystal (of which I have 1 or 2 ?) to generate 4 + 1 (Secret Paths) movement
Blue Mana from the source to use Secret Paths to move into the lake. And then the remaining 3 to move onto the keep.

Let‘s hope I don‘t regret that I now cannot get a red mana to power Improvisation.

The keep is on wastelands, not hills, so 6 total move is required. But you will see the keep and city defenders on the Ambush move alone, so you can decide what to use for the last 1 once you are on the lake. I just need to know if you still make the move knowing 6 is required.

As far as I know, you only have 1 green crystal.

Did I spend the one from my first „stay“ on the green mine? I cannot remember but I probably did. Ah well, I don‘t even have 2 green cards. Then just the ambush for now.

Ah wastelands. Really, I thought that was hills territory