PBF Mage Knight

So sorry for the delay. Busy day yesterday, needless adrenaline from all the excitement with the fire department this morning…

I look around but can only find the remains of one very dead dragon. Oi. Someone was quicker than I was. So, I will draw green mana from the source to power One with the Land for 4 move + 1 Secret Paths (every turn, right?) allows me to enter that dangerous place next to me for 5 (I checked it looks like this is a 5 move spot). Let’s see what happens there.

Nothing happens there unless you use your action to enter the ruins. I need to confirm that is what you are doing.

1 Like

That was the plan. I use my action to get in there and see what’s up. I seem to here some noise. Maybe there’s a fire…

1 Like

enemy_marauding_Orcs_Trackers enemy_dungeon_Hydra

Orc Trackers and a Hydra.

The trackers are elusive: if you don’t block their attack, they have 6 armour. And assassinate: you cannot assign the damage from them to a unit.

The hydra has 3 attacks, which can only be blocked by separate effects, and are ice resistant.

Defeat both, get 8 fame and the artifact. Leave one or both alive, and you are driven out of the ruins, but they and you both remain on the hex. It is still considered a “safe space”, and can be re-entered by using an action.

So can I use a Range Attack on the Orc? Or does it still get 6 armor then?
Can I use Ice Shield on the Hydra? Does it work?
Do they attack at the same time? Ice Shield says “one enemy blocked this way”

Sorry this is a bit puzzly. I think I can make it.

Attempt #1 to figure out what works:

• Power Iceblock with the blue crystal → Block 3 and reduce an enemy armor by 3
  • Power Concetration with the green crystal get to use Rage for 6 damage / or use Concentration for a red mana token to power Rage the traditional way for 4 damage
  • Power Swiftness with white crystal for a Range Attack of 3.

In an ideal world, I use the Iceblock shield reduction on the hydra, to reduce its armor to 3 which makes it possible to use Swiftness to finish it off before it can attack and then I block the orcs with the actual block part of the Ice Shield which is 3 which means I could even just use Concentration for a red token and finish them off with powered Rage.

Against ranged attacks, the orcs have 6 armour.

The Ice shield effect of reducing armour would not work on the Hydra.

Yes, they attack at the same time.

Block, and the consequent ice shield armour reduction, is after the ranged attack phase, and the armour reduction is applied to the enemy blocked.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarifications, I will find a way :slight_smile: I’ll edit it in here in a moment.

• So I could use the Ice Shield (plus blue crystal) on the Orcs, which means I need 1 damage to finish them off because I am blocking them and the shield reduces them to 1. I can use Swiftness played sideways for that (as range attack once again proves to be useless)

• Now how to get rid of the Hydra. I guess I will need that green crystal after all to power Concentration to make Rage an attack of 6. Which leaves me to deal with the attacks from the 3 heads. Let me guess my armor only solves 1 of the heads. I can block another one with my second Rage and let the Foresters block the third.

Ice shield is block 3, but you need 4 to block the Orcs (and thereby reduce their armour to 1). Otherwise they are not blocked, you would have to assign 4 damage to yourself, and their armour would be 6 -3 = 3.

Your armour doesn’t “solve” anything. Each unblocked hydra attack would be one Wound, but yes, you could block one or more of the attacks.

1 Like

Okay, then I will let 2 of the hydra heads bite me and use the additional Rage to fully block the orcs.
I really don’t see another solution. I can heal one of the wounds with the Herbalists later.

r3t3002fame

Red rolls to green. Over to @Marx while yashima chooses an artifact.

Stupid move, but I’ll just play Swift Reflexes powered by the White die to move 4, and go to stand next to the Keep to the north-east.

I need 3 more move to attack the keep, and I just don’t have that at this point, so that’ll be my turn.

Thanks!

Over to @Lordof1

I’ll discard Diplomacy and use red mana from the source to power Improvisation for 5 move points, four of which I’ll use heading back to the village and exploring the tile adjacent to it, and I’d better see what comes up before I do anything else.

Goldyx has found the first of the 3 cities. Two dragons threaten it

The summoner dragon summons two monsters for its attack, and is physical and arcane immune.

The ice dragon has an ice attack that inflicts paralysis - if you take a wound from it, you discard all non-wound cards in your hand. It is ice and physical resistant.

The city itself is defended by three units, and any unit defending it that has a physical attack has that attack upgraded with Brutal, for double damage.

The ruin has two enemies with a unit held captive - take any unit in the offer as the reward (if you gain a command token from fame, you can use that new command token for the unit)

2 Likes

Are the dragons maruading… i.e do I need to move into their hex, or can I just provoke them if I want a fight?

They are marauding/rampaging, yes.

Okey doke. ‘Hoi, you great repitle, meet your next stage in evolution!’

Right. I’d better see what it summons before I attack back. Before I assign blocking, can I double check my maths that ‘Cold fire attack 7’ (from Mana Bolt with a red crystal and a blue crystal) and a standard Attack 2 (halved to 1) will be 8 damage and enough to kill it?

Assumming that’s right, I’ll see what it summons, although all I have left to protect is a Fire Block 7 (from Flame Wall played with my last red man crystal, hopefully that will be enough to stop at least one of the attacks) and decide where to assign it. Oh, I have my crossbowmen to block 3 as well if I need it.

That is correct.

enemy_dungeon_medusa_x2 enemy_dungeon_crypt_worm_x2

A gorgon and a crypt worm. Or, in other words, 6+paralysis and 6.

Erk. Okay, I’ll Fire block the Gorgon. Crypt worm can munch on the crossbowmen to save me a wound (so I think… 1 wound for them, reduce the damage by 4 then…) oh, hello scouts. They take the other 2, both wounded, I feel fine?

r3t4002fame

Goldyx’s hand size increases to 6, another command token.
Red rolls to gold.
Goldyx’s deck is now empty, Goldyx has 5 cards in hand.

Over to @yashima