PBF Mage Knight

Okay, let’s stay in the village.

‘Ho there, some crossbowmen for hire! How much? We’d like to request the special discount for someone who can level this entire village without blinking please.’

Use Threaten charged with red mana from the source, and March played sideways to recruit the delighted Utem Crossbowmen to my excited army.

Play Mana Draw to also grab some green mana from the source and then use Crystal Joy to turn it into a crystal. Finally, discard Stamina to get Crystal Joy back again.

r3t1001fame

Red rolls to red, green to gold.

Over to @yashima

I use a green mana from the source to power March to move two hexes west back to the monastery.
From here I use Stamina to explore.

And that’s my turn. Sorry for taking so long thinking about what amounts to … not much.

Use green or use gold?

I use green.

Rampaging dragon is much like the orcs, except you get +2 reputation for defeating it. This one has a fire attack, and is resistant to fire and physical attacks.
The ruin reward is an artifact.

Please confirm whether you are or aren’t doing anything else in light of this new information @yashima

1 Like

Well, I consider hurling a few choice words in direction of the dragon, look at the monks and don’t–for now… Can I still play Manadraw at this point? If so I play that to draw some red mana from the source (the red, still not the gold) and use that to power Threaten for 5 influence (and -1 rep). Right now I get +2 for a total of 7. It is not happy-making but my purchase of Ice Shield goes to the top of my deck, right?

If it is too late for Mana draw, I can still use Mana Draw and my remaining card to get to 6 influence by playing sideways (without losing rep–but I kind of want to keep that remaining card so I prefer that)

Update soon. Yes, you can do that, and yes, it does.

1 Like

r3t1002fame

Over to @Marx

Okay, simple turn but hopefully foundational.

Start by playing Mana Draw.

Concentration powered by Gold mana die, use it to play improved Promise plus 2 Influence for a total of 6. Discard March for a total of 7 Influence. Hire the Illusionists.

Then Crystalize, powered by the other Gold mana die, to gain a Blue Crystal, and then Crystal Mastery to gain a 2nd Blue Crystal.

That’s it for me! Thanks!

1 Like

Over to @Lordof1

1 Like

You’re a bit of a hoarder aren’t you?
Take care the dragon doesn’t come and eat you for your treasure :wink:

1 Like

Now, I’m sure I had some complicated and clever idea about how to give those Sorcerors what for, but then I fell asleep and now I can’t think of a way that doesn’t get me hit in the face. Oh well, that’s what my face is for!

Blue mana from the source for Stamina, plus my scouts give me two movement points, to give me enough to approach the tower under the burning sun.

‘Ho there! Any chance of you lot surrendering? It’ll save all of us a lot of trouble!’

The sorcerors attack while I’m making this speech, I don’t block. Bloody sorcerors.

6 damage, all has to go to me cos of their assassinate thing. That leads to 2 wounds. Doubled to 4 because of poison. Ow.

Then I hit back with a red crystal-powered Rage and a normal Rage (double rage is really quite angry) to wipe their stupid smiles off. Ow ow. I told you to surrender! Now we’re all unhappy!

Then Cure powered by a green crystal to clear 2 of the 4 wounds and I’d better see what cards I draw before I do anything else.

(I suppose I could have used my stolen green mana instead of a green crystal for Cure but I think denying it to the others for now seems better? I’ll totally forget it have this bloody mana you know).

1 Like

Okay, I’ll use my crystal mastery to get a blue crystal and red mana, then crystal joy to turn the red mana into a crystal too. Then I’m done.

OK, blue rolled to gold. Spell reward first @Lordof1

@yashima you can go ahead too, unless changes to the offer affect your turn.

Flame wall please!

r3t2001fame

OK, next choice is skill, then AA card.

Choices are:

• Dueling
  • Thunderstorm
  • Shapeshift
    (in which case you must take Diplomacy)
  • Flight: Once a round: move to an adjacent space for free, or 2 spaces for 2 Move. Must end this move in a safe space, and this move does not provoke rampaging enemies.
  • Source Freeze: Once a round: put the token in the source. While there, other players cannot use their usual one die from the source. On your next turn, gain one crystal of any basic colour in the source, then take this token back face down.

Oh goodness, it has to be Flight.

… and advanced action.