PBF Mage Knight

Oh I thought that was not a question because of how tiles have to border two others. I would like to explore east then.

Core tiles have to border at least two others. Countryside tiles do not - as you can see from Goldyxā€™s current tile.

1 Like

So in theory, I could use green mana from the Herbalists to power up Ambush and March up to the Keep, do I need to enter the keep to attack the defenders? I think I do, right? No taunting here.

I could make it onto that white crystal mine and taunt the orcs (I can get a total of 5 move from my skill + Ambush). They are going to hit me but I can hit them harder with my Ambush + Rage combo.

Only marauding orcs and dragons can (must) be engaged from a different hex.

Another reminder that core tiles cannot be placed on the coast.

1 Like

Okay, so I will go for the orcs.

I will ask the Herbalistsā€“nicelyā€“for some green mana-tea please.

Across the plains, up the hillā€“using Secret Pathsā€“I set up my Ambush and wave the banner (or whatever) of the previous orcs I vanquished to make the Orcs come over to investigate. When they are close enough to hit me, I draw red mana from the source to power up my Rage to overwhelm them. (No blocking, I have no cards left for that)

Itā€™s not the best of turns but it is a turn and I end up standing on a crystal mine, right?
How many wounds do I end up getting from this?

1 Like

Do you really need to ask?

3 attack. 3 damage, reduced to 2 by skill. Take a wound. Reduce damage by armour (3). No damage left. So 1 wound.

1 Like

Okay fine, same thing every time. And that is it. I am done. No more cards :slight_smile: I think I can see the sun rise!

r2t5003fame

Dawn breaks.

Sorcerors are revealed as the mage tower defenders in the dawn light. Some new icons on them: arcane immunity, meaning they arenā€™t affected by anything that isnā€™t a block or an attack, or a reduction of their attack. Poison, meaning any wounds they deal are doubled - the extra wounds go to your discard instead of your hand. Assassinate, meaning you cannot assign damage from them to your units, only to yourself.

There are also a couple of physical resistant units in the offer. If damage equal to or less than their armour is assigned to them, they are not wounded. They can be assigned up to double their armour in physical damage. Note that you cannot just assign 3 out of 5 damage to the golems, for example. You have to assign all the damage that you can. So 4 or more damage would wound them.

@Marx to pick tactic first.

WTF is Space Bending? I love it :slight_smile: I am really enjoying these cards coming out.

1 Like

Oh of course Iā€™m on the edge of the desert now dawn is here, after trudging through that bloody forest all nightā€¦

1 Like

To be fair, you did choose to trudge back and forth through the forest.

Also, I literally just now noticed that your avatar is almost the same* as mine on BGG.

*(Well, I used a 2D cartoon instead of a 3D photo, but zoombot!)

2 Likes

But there were shiny things in the forest! I wanted the shiny things!

And Zoombot! Yay, though defniitely not feeling like zoombot in this gameā€¦

2 Likes

It worked out pretty well last time, and Iā€™m in a good spot, so Iā€™ll take Great Start (Number 5) and hope I draw a bucket of Influenceā€¦

Thanks!

1 Like

I think itā€™s me next? If so, Iā€™ll give Mana Steal a whizz.

1 Like

I will go with 4 - Planning then. Though ā€œRethinkā€ sounds tempting :wink:

1 Like

What are you stealing?

Green, please. Suits my skin.

1 Like

OK, you are up first.