PBF Mage Knight

Another monastery, which means another skill available to be learned (at any monastery).

Our first Dungeon: Fight a random brown token monster, without assistance from units, under night rules (even during the day). Aside from Fame, reward is either an artifact (2/3 chance) or spell (1/3 chance). Even after the dungeon is looted, it can be re-entered to fight a monster for 1/2 fame and no other reward.

You are correct, I meant Tirelessness.

Now I will play Swiftness and March for 6 Move (only need 4) to land on that Monastery.

No actions this turn. I will, however, use my Tactic to shuffle all my cards and deal myself 3 new ones, please and thank you.

Over to @yashima

Reminder that there is only 1 more countryside tile left in the deck, after which we are on to core tiles, which cannot be placed on the coast, and must be placed adjacent to at least two other tiles.

1 Like

So I am going to use Song of Wind for 2 Move and it makes plains cheaper to move across so I can get to the monastery to the north of me.

I checked here what kind of defenders the Monastery might have: Violet Tokens | Unofficial Mage Knight - The Boardgame Wiki | Fandom and it turns out that it is very likely I would not be able to win a fight there.

So instead I will opt to enter peacefully and exert my Influence by drawing a white mana from the source to power my Promise which I will bolster with 2 additional cards (March and Tranquility) to train myself in the not-so-noble art of Ambush-ing opponents.

1 Like

That’s 7 influence with your +1 reputation, but the card only costs 6. (You could explore once or twice?)

1 Like

Is this my last turn this round? If so I can use the green mana from the Herbalists to power March for exploration indeed. i keep forgetting that bonus.

Nobody has called end of round yet, but you are not going to draw any more cards.

1 Like

The card I am acquiring goes to the deck wouldn’t I draw that? Or at least it says it goes to the top of the deed deck. With three cards in hand I could possibly execute another turn?

Sure. I can see the other card with the new card and herbalists maybe achieving something if you are lucky. That’s why I’m waiting for your choice.

Then I will hold on to March. No exploration. Thanks :slight_smile:

white rolls to black. Over to @Lordof1

Okay…

Swiftness to move into the village.

Threaten and Promise (the cornerstones of any good negotiations) to recruit Scouts into my growing army. Well, now it’s growing.

Tranquility using my green mana crystal to heal 2 and finally feel better!

And finally some crystal gathering… Fire bolt to get a red crystal and Will focus to get a green one. Take white mana from the source and use Crystal joy to turn it into a crystal. Done.

Recycle crystal joy?

I’d like to but I thought I used all my cards?

So you did. Goldyx must declare end of round as next turn, unless someone else does first.

White rolls to red.

@Marx is up.

Influence with a White mana die plus the rest of my hand of cards for 7 Influence so I can recruit the Northern Monks.

That’s it for me!

White rolls to white.

@yashima can take up to 2 consecutive turns to finish up the round, as no-one else can take any (yashima takes a turn, lordof1 declares end of round, marx passes, yashima takes last turn of round).

1 Like

I am up again? Well, it is not going to be 2 turns. Just one and that one will only make sense if I am lucky—as you said. But I‘ll try to make some luck. So I should have 3 cards in hand, right?

First I would like to use March—unpowered—to explore once.

Which direction? You have two possible exploration directions.