PBF for Furnace

Because I’ve been playing it a bit recently and having a good time… and @Acacia and @COMaestro asked to be reminded if I did…

I’ll do this with just the base game, not Interbellum, because that’s what seems to exist on Tabletop Simulator. Up to four players, sign up here; I’m happy to step back and be the moderator. This will be the “rearrange every turn” standard game.

Publisher’s page has rulebook downloads; also at BGG. I’ve written a pocketmod rulebook which includes Interbellum; just ignore the variable capital disc, the business schools and the managers.

1 Like

Sign me up!

1 Like

Preference for red, yellow, white or black?

Black, thanks.

1 Like

I’m in! Red. This is my first pbf so don’t hesitate to explain things.

1 Like

Yes please! And I’ll go yellow. Also I will go stupid, but this will become apparent soon enough.

3 Likes

I’ll start in the morning, playing white myself unless someone else signs up before then.

1 Like

Each of the four rounds proceeds in two phases: (1) add to your machine, and (2) run your machine. Your ultimate objective is to have most money.

Phase 1 is an auction. In rotation from the first player (which is Lordof1 this round), you put one of your discs on one of the cards that’s up for auction. You may not place a disc of the same value as one that’s already on there, or a second disc of your own. We continue until all discs are placed.

Then for each card in order: the highest bid gets the card itself. Everyone else with a bid on that card gets compensation: the thing at the top of the card, multiplied by the value of your bid.

Then in phase 2 you arrange your cards into an order, and use as many powers are you like. You must complete all the powers you’re going to use on one card, in the printed order, before you go on to another; you can’t go back. (This can be done simultaneously, but I suggest we start by working it out explicitly.)

Right now you each have a start card (with a building on it) and a capitalist card (your unique player power). The top of the start card shows your initial resources. (You get these as markers, but I’d done the screenshots before I did that.)

@Acacia, you have an additional 2-bid disc each turn. You have an upgrade token. Your start card will allow you to:

• take an upgrade token
  • spend a coal and an iron, once, to get four money
  • spend a coal and an upgrade token, as many times as you are able, to upgrade a card.

@Lordof1, you don’t have to obey the auction placement rules, but lose ties. You have two coal. Your start card will allow you to:

• take an upgrade token
  • spend three coal, once, to get four money
  • spend a coal and an upgrade token, as many times as you are able, to upgrade a card.

I may spend iron instead of upgrade tokens to upgrade cards. I have a coal and an iron. My start card will allow me to:

• take an upgrade token
  • spend an oil, once, to get four money
  • spend a coal and an upgrade token, as many times as I am able, to upgrade a card.

@COMaestro, you get +1 compensation (so if you’d bid a 3 you’ll get 4 lots of whatever it is). You have two coal. Your start card will allow you to:

• take an upgrade token
  • spend iron, up to twice, to get two money each time

The cards up for auction:

As an example of anatomy, card 1 is:

Compensation: two coal.
Powers:

• gain two coal
  • if upgraded: spend a coal and an oil, up to twice, to gain 7 money each time.

Note that cards 5 and 8 can give you upgrade tokens.

Note that cards 5, 6, 7 and 8 have compensation in the form of a process: at the time the auction is one, losers get to apply that process, to whatever resources they have in hand (multiplied by their losing bid).

Does that all seem reasonably clear? If so, Lordof1 to make the first bid.

All clear, one question on my superpowers. Is this the version where I place my extra ‘2’ on it’s own turn, or do I place it simultaneously with another bid? I think they changed that between core and Interbellum. Tie goes to Interbellum rules, as they made a few other balance tweaks to the personalities and I’m assuming it was for balance rather than to integrate with Interbellum.

Okey doke, I shall bid 4 on the first card in the row please.

Let’s go with the Interbellum rules, the 2 goes down at the same time as another bid.

I put 4 on #7.

@COMaestro, you’re up.

I put 4 on #4

1 Like

Ping @Acacia.

My 3 on #2, my bonus 2 on #4 under Maestro.

Also updated my settings so I’ll get emails on this thread!

2 Likes

@Lordof1 is up.

Bid 3 on card #6 please.

I put 3 on card 4.

@COMaestro is up.

Bid 3 on card #1.

@Acacia.

(Acacia has 1, 2, 4; Lordof1, RogerBW and COMaestro 1 and 2 only.)

My normal 2 on #3