“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

I was way too invested in this, excel world championships

8 Likes

I will need to watch this later.

1 Like

This feels like being forced to do AoC in Excel, in 30 minutes not 30 days.

2 Likes

In the us offices, at least, they distribute cans of it labeled ‘liquid death’. So I think they expect that.

3 Likes

One for any aspiring writers out there, wanting to earn a discount at Zatu

3 Likes

I sent them a sample years ago and never heard back. Will try again…

3 Likes

I did get an offer to write for them based on a sample I sent but rather ran out of time to actually do it.

4 Likes

Got a newsletter from Spieleschmiede that they are presenting the first ever completely AI generated boardgame: Fanthatle Spiel | Fanthatle kaufen

Sadly, the page is all German. The newsletter says because AI saves so much on work, crowdfunding is not needed and the game is available right now! It is a worker placement game for 1-4 players where you are managing a city under an AI goverment.

I totally fell for it. Checked for the game on BGG … … really a good one. I do not usually forget the date on this day of the year. It is absolutely believable that Spieleschmiede would make a game like that and my first thought was they didn’t put it on BGG because they were aware of the copy right issues… … slow brain today :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Huh, just got locked out of Facebook “because your account, or activity on it, doesn’t follow our Community Standards.”

No clue what could possibly have been the cause, so I guess that’s me done with Facebook.

6 Likes

Welcome to freedom. I’ve always found Facebook just too evil to be willing to use them.

3 Likes

I have an acct but only to join FB groups and interact w those groups. I dont post anything in my personal. From what I’ve seen, it’s literally a bunch of nonsense - worse, conspiracy theories and all that madness - being posted by people.

3 Likes

Depends on the people. I only friend people I know in real life, or have known online for years. And I keep everything locked to friends-only. As someone who tried to quit FB a while back said, it’s just too convenient for organising events with.

3 Likes

Likewise, only I don’t see any crazy on my feed either. There are a couple of groups I use that organise events like barbecues, and giving away unwanted stuff, that I will miss.

As JGD said, FB being evil is the main thing pushing me away from attempting to argue the decision, as it was quite useful.

2 Likes

I used to have FB. I deleted it ages ago. FB is evil. And not useful in my circles on top of that.

I am really excited about this one right now:

3 Likes

Mourning for Klaus Teuber (spiel-des-jahres.de)

6 Likes

I fully expected the timestamp on the article to be April 1st. How sad. He certainly changed the world, for me at least. I think I could directly attribute Settlers of Catan to my boardgaming hobby involvement.

But, beyond his contributions to a silly little hobby, I feel for his friends and family for their loss.

5 Likes

I accidentally discovered an excellent, but very difficult game today…

Who is the most famous person you have never heard of?

Judging by a) disbelief and b) her number of Instagram followers, until this morning the answer for me would be Zendaya.

8 Likes

“Who?”

Yesterday the news was full of the death of a member of S Club 7, who I understand were a once-popular beat combo. I’d heard of the group, but never of Paul Cattermole. Today, I needed to use Wikipedia to find out his name, since he’d already ceased to be news.

5 Likes

I was briefly the webmaster for S Club 7, and Westlife. I know nothing of their music, nor of anyone involved.

7 Likes

…and you didn’t inhale

3 Likes