“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

I had a patient today who’s 18 year old son is a YouTuber (didn’t get the name). He comments on video games in an apparently interesting and amusing way and has good videography and editing skills. In September he put out 4 videos. He made 20 grand! In a month!

7 Likes

Hit the top echelons and you can absolutely make bank. Unfortunately most won’t but believe they can.

3 Likes

A question for Canadian and American users

My parents are having to make an impromptu visit to Vancouver in a couple of weeks. They’re happy to bring some stuff back for me (I can get stuff shipped to my Auntie), but I’m not sure what’s legit.

There’s a couple of games I can’t get in the UK
Cat in the Box
Mind MGMT
For Science (but I think the box is massive)

My son’s want a Wiffle Ball and a Blitzball for Xmas which I also can’t get in the UK.

Finally some 20s tubes for my Crokinole board.

Can anyone help with suggestions for where I can get this stuff please?

3 Likes

Bezier games have cat in a box.

4 Likes

I think Rain City Games is Vancouver local, as they were the main store presence at SHUX. They may have the games.

Note: I am not a Vancouver resident.

4 Likes

Sagani has ONLY a solo mode. In my opinion at least.

4 Likes

I learned something at work today. When you gaze into the prostate, remember that the prostate gazes also into you.

Thankfully this one seemed to be in a good mood. I also learned that my dictation software has a problem with the words ‘hexagonal tessellating’.

11 Likes

It’s the octagon conspiracy again.

2 Likes

games left in the living room right now. two tables worth of people coming over tomorrow. I can teach most of these with a handful getting a rules refresher today I think.

10 Likes

Man, Horizons of Spirit Island is so small! I had no idea it was that tiny!

4 Likes

Proposal that never seems to catch on: we call this time of year ‘the perineum’; a strange nowhere place between two fun times.

9 Likes

Looked at another way, it’s not quite the year’s arse but you can see it from here.

5 Likes

This is all the more reason to follow my lead.

5 Likes

A fun little word cloud for my plays last year:

By number of plays

By play time

9 Likes

Seems fair to me.

5 Likes

Checks out.

3 Likes

Hm…

10 Likes

That looks exactly like my gaming year.

4 Likes

A lot of that Gloomhaven is from early in the year, and Sounds Fishy from the very last two weeks. I need to play more Spirit Island, it seems…

5 Likes

That feeling when you find a game you’ll know you love, but it’s completely out of print. And the only place you can find it that will post to you is a €45 plus postage copy on BGG (MarraCash)

7 Likes