“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

Happy 2.2.22 day everyone!

8 Likes

Happy 22-2-2 day, even to you 2.2.22 weirdos!

9 Likes

Sorry, but the correct version is 02.02.2022

6 Likes

Actually there’s a 22.2.22 coming up but I don’t have the kids then so we’re partying twoday

9 Likes

Many years of completing dates on forms that could be taken to court taught me that it will be 22.02.2022

2 Likes

The one true standard (that nobody uses, at least around here :worried:)

4 Likes

Presumably if you grow up with m-d-y it doesn’t feel weird the way it does to me - it’s like putting the name of your street on the address, then the house number, then the town.

(And yes, I know there are places where they do this. That feels equally weird to me. Large to small or small to large, not a bit of both.)

(And yes, I know about Japanese street addresses. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I like Y-M-D. It’s great for sorting files.

7 Likes

Decimal time FTW!

4 Likes

Oh god. This is as mad as the French Revolutionary Calendar!

3 Likes
$ date +%s.%N

Which included in its defining document two incompatible methods of determining leap years.

4 Likes

Yes, I only use it when filing stuff, though.

Bring back Thermidor!!

This reminds me of my poor attempts at learning the months of the year in Lithuanian (my partner’s mother language). As simple as their days of the week are (literally traducing to First Day for Monday, Second Day for Tuesday and so on) the months of the year names have nothing to do with the Roman Calendar names. So, like with the French Revolutionary months, you have to completely learn them from scratch, there’s no similar roots like say, between English, French and Spanish…

As a sample, the one I know by heart is December, which is Gruodis… and I tend to have to look that one up for reference

1 Like

I started filing our churches podcasts like that and got told to name them in a more readable format.

1 Like

One standard to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Palindromic, even better!

This is of course the one I use, and the only one that makes sense, I just shortened it for effect above.

(As a result, my dad still gets confused and thinks his granddaughter’s birthday is on Jan 12th instead of Dec 1st!)

2 Likes

We were supposed to have tacos tonight, a.k.a. Taco Twosday. But a winter storm came through last night, so I was outside with the older kids (ages 4 and 2) playing in the snow when dinner should have been started.

So I guess we’ll have tacos tomorrow or Friday, since we have the fixings. But we are definitely going to have tacos on Tuesday, 2022-02-22, a.k.a. Taco TuesTwoTwosDay

Edit: we made afternoon margaritas in preparation for tacos… Oh well, no harm, no foul :grin:

3 Likes

Were you having two tacos each???

3 Likes

Having become slightly obsessed with Encanto, I’m sure there’s a boardgame themed song to be had

“We don’t talk about Uno”

Just leaving that there in case someone more talented than me reads it

10 Likes