“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

That is very surprising. Is it just a paucity of d6s, or are you sparse in other dice types too?

2 Likes

I was about to say that I was in a similar situation, but then I remembered the big pack of dice that I bought to use as monster health trackers for Gloomhaven…

1 Like

My main dice box is a Rolykit, normally used for craft supplies, fishing lures, etc.:

Not all my dice fit in it. Not that I have a problem.

4 Likes

I have lived in numerous places in the UK and, to my knowledge, I’ve never heard it called anything other than a woodlouse. Not that I talk about them all that often, to be fair…

3 Likes

As a Tunnels & Trolls player I find it hard to believe that dice can actually exist in such tiny quantities.

4 Likes

In Scotland I’ve only ever heard “slaters”. I learned “woodlouse” from my parents.

I live in Polmont and in the before worked each day in Glasgow - you’re still there?

2 Likes

They can’t… but where there are two… there will soon be more :wink:

4 Likes

Full disclosure. Its actually three d6

One in Flashpoint.
One in Deep Space D6
One from one of those dire ‘sexy’ couples games.

With my rp-ing being online, I use apps or inbuilt dicerollers.

I have a lot of custom six sided dice. (First Martians, Pandemic fall of Rome, Deep space D6) but not vanilla.

Also picking up some d10s to speed up my TTS run of Kingdom Death.

I also have 1d8 and 1d20.

3 Likes

ONE D20? How can you live that way? :wink:

4 Likes

Ross’ shame level.

d20: 4

3 Likes

There is some way to instantly roll dice in TTS, which must be faster than actually rolling dice.

1 Like

You can click on them, but involves moving the camera. Plus when we come to crossing the tens barrier, they will be useful to have.

1 Like

Yeah Michael live in Shawlands I think we had a similar conversation on the old board.

1 Like

We probably did! Apologies if you’re using the same name and I have forgotten.

Pressing “r” will roll selected dice in TTS. Moving camera can be avoided by using saved camera positions (right click menu) and switching between them with the number keys.

Holding a handful physical d10s is pretty nice though.

2 Likes

I’ve found that the results of hitting R once are very poor in TTS… not to mention how long it takes for the dice to actually jump and land.

1 Like

I’ve found it differs a game to game. I think it must be possible for different mods to set their physics properties a differently. We had a recent game of TI3 in which the dice would bounce about like super balls.

1 Like

No need to apologise Michael. Glad to see you made it across with the move.

3 Likes

Just listening to No such thing as a fish and they stated that the reason Jumanji was written was because the author hated Monopoly! (More to the story, but I’m on mobile…)

5 Likes

This place is an onion.

3 Likes

It certainly brings me to tears.

3 Likes