No Thanks - A Card Game For Everyone

2022-01-20T19:04:26Z

3 Likes

Ah, I love Tom’s videos.

Despite his inexplicably clammy hands.

Seriously, who’s playing this game without just opening their hand to inspect how many tokens they have?!

2 Likes

In case anyone here hadn’t seen this already, some other editions of this game come with attractive artwork:

The game is language-independent and a print-out of the rules is tiny, so don’t worry about importing a version in another language if you want the pretty pictures.

2 Likes

That’s my version. Lol pretty artwork

3 Likes

I have that version entirely because I like the art better :grin:

2 Likes

And also that version is called “Pretty shitty” instead of No Thanks. Though I am guessing that played no role at all? :wink:

1 Like

This was a great review. Tom is just knocking it out of the park again and again.

1 Like

Tom is seriously amazing at reviews.

I played No Thanks in the pub for the first time, and it did the thing that I’m recognising gets me very excited about a game: had everyone understand not just the rules in 5 seconds, but the shape of the game in 10 seconds. The slowly-dwindling collection of counters, the threat you pose to other players whether you pass or take
 instant fun.

4 Likes

Don’t know if you guys have seen this, but the great Tom Scott has played this!

3 Likes

I was about to do the very same thing : )

It came up in the Which way do you go? thread, but definitely should be here as well.

2 Likes

The bit at the end with the tin of baked beans :laughing:

2 Likes

Also:

• The ‘phones’
  • The review die
  • The wobbly picture frame green-screen
  • The stepping over the sofa arm pose (shades of “why have we never done this shot before?”)
  • The editing in general
2 Likes

Was somewhat disappointed that he never addressed the real question, however; Does No Thanks hold up against For Sale? This came up in Podcast #163, where Tom and Ava sided with No Thanks, but Quinns with For Sale, but Quinns was the only one who’d actually played both.

Of course, I already know that For Sale skunks No Thanks any day, but I just wanted to be vindicated in my correct opinions :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’d take No Thanks over For Sale, although I’d happily play either.

1 Like