Leaving Earth : Robots

Got Bored,

Made Something

Robots.pdf (231.2 KB)

4 Likes

Initial suggestions:

• affected by radiation like probes, but capsules give a bonus
  • do they count as occupying a seat in a capsule for purposes of astronaut space?
1 Like

Oooh I like this, particularly the idea of a Major Failure leading to a destroyed robot and a damaged capsule; for some reason, I can’t help but think of Ash from Alien.

1 Like
  1. What do you mean by bonus to capsules?
  2. They do count towards capacity. I thought I said this, I will clarify.
1 Like

Yep. When robots go wrong, they go spectacularly wrong, waving their tube arms all over the place.

2 Likes

Radiation:

Robots are affected by radiation like Probes, (not at all in the core game ,possibly in Outer Planets and Stations) but if they are in a capsule with a radiation bonus that bonus is applied to them.

Seats:

Robots in space require a seat in a capsule, but do not help with the mental health checks of astronauts. For example, an astronaut in a capsule with 2 robots would still be considered to be alone. Astronauts still need two unoccupied seats each to avoid mental health checks.

1 Like

Cool. Nice addition. I’ll rewrite and add the damaged card to the manual as well.

1 Like

Have you ever considered that they might Kill All Humans, given the first opportunity?

[Innocent beep]

Maybe some sort of increasing risk with mission complexity?

1 Like

I did, but… if they damage the capsule and there’s no spare parts on board, they have killed the crew.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m not sure it needs to be any more complex. I think it’s a great addition. Next forum game!

3 Likes

Updated first post with modified pdf.

I’ve added a clarification that you draw robot outcomes after life support outcomes, to stop a robot breaking your capsule and killing you without the chance to repair it in the following turn.

3 Likes

First post updated with modified images, typos corrected and a list of references.

Appreciate a quick look through and I’ll stick it on BGG.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Suggestions:

• version number in filename and/or in document
  • "Robots do not consume supplies each turn. " → “Robots do not consume supplies/food each year.”
  • "“Astronauts still need two unoccupied seats each to avoid mental health checks.” I know this was my suggestion but I put it badly. Maybe “But a robot occupying a seat is still taking up space for the purposes of mental health checks”?
1 Like