Last game you bought?

It can be played solo, but it also can be played multiplayer. It’s definitely co-op though.

Yeah, but it’s one of those solo games with no hidden information or any other cooperative restrictions that you can play with another player, rather than a cooperative game that can also be played solo.

I really like the solution Glen More 2 has to modules. In the box you can just take out everything visible and play a game of the game. But if you want to play a module it gets its own tiny box - all the modules have a section in the box and look plain enough (they look like books) that they don’t distract if you want to ignore them.

2 Likes

Truth. It’s a “three moves ahead” game with an AI that gets exponentially more dangerous each turn. Setup and teardown is so fast, though, and it’s almost impossible to not try again. I’ve had so.e great moments with it.

1 Like

I just paid for Tiny Epic Pirates on Kickstarter. I’ve never been disappointed with a Tiny Epic game! I’d love to see a SU&SD review of Tiny Epic Galaxies!

1 Like

I’m extremely on the fence on this one. It looks like a solid game, and I would like a pirate game in my collection, but I’m not sure if it’ll feel too fiddly for my partner, and the solo mode looks potentially underwhelming. Hopefully more previews will come out over the course of the Kickstarter.

I’ve gone a bit crazy during lockdown and am buying stuff willy nilly.

Terra Mystica last week. Yellow and Yangtze arrived today

3 Likes

I’m trying not to, but The Cost has piqued my interest and Mississippi Queen looks fun

Targi arrived today. It’s a 2-player only worker placement. I’ve had my eye on it for ages. Between the expansion finally coming to the US soon and the pandemic limiting ability to get bigger player groups together, it seemed a good time to finally jump on it.

3 Likes

I bought vindication and tajuto in order to help the local economy.

:smirk:

6 Likes

Did you find a cheap Terra Mystica? I’ve been half-heartedly looking for it.

1 Like

Auction win: BattleCON: Fate of the Indines

Have I played the BattleCON: War of the Indines game I bought a few weeks ago? No! :wink:

I looked up the series to see how much other BattleCON stuff there was and the answer I discovered: too much! So this is probably the end of my BattleCON purchases unless I play the game it it becomes a favorite.

4 Likes

Battlecon: Wars & Fates etc…

1 Like

It was at about RRP from eBay. New but with a damaged box. I think there might still be a few on there.

1 Like

Does this replace Roads and Boats then?

2 Likes

Nothing will replace Roads & Boats.

I may be tempted to keep all 3 copies just because… who else has 3 copies? (well, like, 2.2 copies because of some missing components)

2 Likes

Are you from the UK? I’m wondering if the Tajuto on retail is English

Yeah I bought it from firestorm in Cardiff.

1 Like

Good news it is: in shrink, perfect condition.

2 Likes

These two arrived today and, while I knew they were both “damaged”, I’m amused by the difference.

Cutthroat Caverns:

The Estates:

4 Likes