Last game you bought?

My solution to this is to keep extra components for a variety of games in an empty expansion box.

Ps let me know how Canvas holds up. It is one pf those I waffled about for a while before no backing it.

4 Likes

Iā€™m basically adding at least one star to my future review of Canvas when I recieve it, because the company paid more than an additional $24k in shipping and customs to get them to the UK, instead of charging the KS backers, when Brexit created unexpected new costs. That buys a lot of goodwill from me frankly.

6 Likes

Just grabbed some more Button Shy games: Tussie Mussie, The Maiden in the Forest, Skulls of Sedlec, and Food Chain Island.

No idea where Iā€™ll find space to put them ā€¦ :thinking:

5 Likes

Might I suggest a pocket? Or perhaps a satchel?

Tom had a special bag in the review

1 Like

I fear I made need something more heavy duty. Perhaps a trolley of some kind ā€¦

3 Likes

I havenā€™t bought a new game in an age. Picked up Aftermath by Plaid Hat. I really loved Stuffed Fables, but itā€™s reserved for play with specific groups of people I never see now. Planning on playing through Aftermath with my wife, hoping it will make for a good relaxing co-op experience.

2 Likes

I have a spare expansion box that houses all my unused cardboard chits in labelled baggies in a cupboard for just such occasions. Indonesia money, Lisboa money and maybe some other things that arenā€™t money tokensā€¦

2 Likes

Visited a new game store nearby which opened about a month ago. I only discovered it last week. It is a cross of games and anime merchandise, along with some other nerdy stuff. Pretty good selection of stuff, including some games I donā€™t see at my usual FLGS, though all the prices appear to be rounded up. Still, went ahead and bought the War of the Outer Gods Arkham Horror scenario pack to suppost a local startup business, as well as a black and purple d20 to go in my Legend of Drizzt game, which was missing the die. The color scheme fits perfectly.

5 Likes

I got some great news about work changes that will coincide with my move into dissertation writing coming up this summer, so I decided that I deserved to treat myself. My FLGS has had A Feast for Odin along with the Norwegians expansion sitting on its shelf for the last 4 months. Iā€™ve wanted FFO forever, and good news was exactly what I needed to push me over the edge in finally plopping down the money.

Howeverā€¦

Though I had been by just 3 days ago to pick up some sleeves with it still on the shelf, it was gone today. Typical.

So, I decided that I would pick up Brass: Birmingham as so many on here routinely chat about it, itā€™s so well regarded EVERYWHERE, and I donā€™t have any real economic games despite growing more and more interested in games I know I will be terrible at (getting better is part of the fun, right?). I donā€™t know when Iā€™ll get it to the table, but Iā€™m looking forward to it. I also picked up Cheating Moth and Dinosaur Tea Party to play with my partner and her daughter and nieces since the girls really love deduction stuff and thoroughly enjoyed Cockroach Poker.

8 Likes

Yessssss! Peer pressure works!

7 Likes

I want to go heavy into breweries and pottery like all the hip kids!

2 Likes

Make sure itā€™s craft beer you making, mate. :+1:

2 Likes

And slip cast pottery! None of that throwing BS.

1 Like

There is no other kind!

1 Like

This arrived today.

Itā€™s not on Mars (at least I donā€™t think it is), should be Kanban EV. Trying to resist opening it up till after work.

Argh! Must resist!

11 Likes

I meanā€¦ it says ā€œOn Marsā€ā€¦ so unless thatā€™s your delivery addressā€¦ ?

9 Likes

Itā€™s not unheard-of for a company to reuse a handy box (designed to take e.g. 6 or 8 copies of a game from the factory to the publisher and perhaps on to a seller) for retail shippingā€¦

4 Likes

I am now thoroughly invested in the contents of the package.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a Dice Throne (a game Iā€™ve never had any interest in) box waiting to be recycled that can confirm this.

4 Likes