Last game you bought?

Found Space Alert on a Black Friday sale, which I used to own and had sold. Not sure why, maybe people hated it.

2 Likes

Black Friday at Exalted Funeral, got all of the Tuesday Knight releases for Mothership (core book, Dead Planet and A Pound of Flesh), plus more supplemental stuff for Troika (Ten People you Meet in the Undergarden), including the above noted Troikafeld as a freebie, plus a generic bestiary called The Insectiary. Screaming deals, 40% across the board.

[EDIT] Iā€™m kicking myself, I forgot to add You Got a Job on the Garbage Barge. Ugh.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve made the one with the jelly/jello ā€˜get the ball in the holeā€™ game. It was great fun, until someone shook it too hard and it exploded :laughing:

I did learn that unflavoured vegetarian jelly is absolutely revolting though, so I will remember to get something to add to it next time :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I seem to remember someone (@lalunaverde?) was looking for Wildcatters ?

Itā€™s on a big discount at Chaos Cards today

https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/prod/all-board-games-1/capstone-games-wildcatters

2 Likes

Cheers for the heads up! But got it from a trade a month ago :+1:

My friend bought it though

3 Likes

The most enticing deal I saw was Big City on Chaos Cards for 65% (under Ā£60 after a discount code).

Still not enough to get me to purchase though

2 Likes

If you can import the new rules to the old edition, then thatā€™ll be the better value.

Ironically, my Big City is paying off its cost/number of plays because itā€™s so easy to put it on the table. But I can see people say ā€œjust play Carcassonneā€ or something and that makes more sense, tbh.

2 Likes

It is the Jumbo version I should add

1 Like

Curious Cargo is in and itā€™s looking great! Rules are a peach! And for some reason it smells bad and feels kinda manky!

Iā€™m holding onto those silica packs on this one.

4 Likes

Bruh, when they said ā€œCurious Cargoā€, I didnt expected that they mean it like this!

6 Likes

What a great guess!!! But no. Even I think thatā€™s a bit much! Think grander in scopeā€¦yet more accessible, and for two players! A bit of a conundrum, no?:smirk:

2 Likes

Similo - it looked like fun

So I ordered this just as my wife and I started rewatching Buffy.

Last night we finished itā€¦

5 Likes

Let me know how the Buffy set plays?

1 Like

Iā€™m unlikely to play it for a while but there will be a session report.

1 Like

Legend of the Five Rings stuff arrived today. Spent ~3 hours sorting it it all out (thereā€™s a lot of stuff!). This is 1xCore, 1 expansion, 2 cycles of blister packs:

Excited for the vaccination to get this show off the road. Fingers crossed for jab before Christmas!

6 Likes

My package of preordered expansions arrived today:

• Parks Nightfall: nothing except the new animal tokens fits in the basic box. So much for how great those trayz are.
  • Wingspan Oceania: are you kidding me? New player mats. But not replacements. Just so you have a choice now. Greatā€¦ well since they only add a little stuff I decided they are in fact replacements and the old ones go in the ā€œI am not using this but Iā€™ll hold on to it anywayā€ box for now (I like the design of the old ones betterā€“itā€™s brighter). Of course the number of bird cards added makes it impossible to store all the birds in one of those trayz. Do I start hating anything ā€œtrayzā€ ā€¦ possibly.
  • 7 Wonders Duel Agora. Now hereā€™s the surprise. I have the Broken Token insert for this gameā€¦ and wonder of wonders: there were empty little compartments for the new material!!! How did they do that? I mean really. It has been yearsā€¦ okay the third piece of theā€“now seemingly completeā€“game board doesnā€™t quite fit and so the box doesnā€™t close perfectly. But of the three this is the best fit!

Obviously I havenā€™t played any of these yet.
But today I was forcibly reminded of our discussion about boxes and expansions that donā€™t fit.

8 Likes

This is a tricky balance. Unmatched suffers from this as well (and more severely, with its release schedule). I give both games credit for providing incredibly well considered packaging, inside and out, but how much box bloat is a customer expected to tolerate?

4 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s getting to he a lot for Unmatched already, and Iā€™m all in on everything Iā€™ve heard about thatā€™s still to come.

There were comments on BGG that they were looking at some form of big box storage, but not sure if that went anywhere.

The only saving grace for Unmatched, is playing at 2, you generally only need to grab two boxes per game at the most, so it doesnā€™t impact setup that much.

Once BF sales are over I want to jump on Buffy and Red Riding Hood vs Beowulf!

2 Likes

As for Black Friday I actually didnā€™t grab anything (yet). I am considering grabbing some of the Funkoverse boxes, but theyā€™re only 10% off and while that adds up, I may just wait until post holidays.

2 Likes