Last game you bought?

I’m always tempted to buy Gen7 at those prices, but then I’m not sure if I could get the people to play it.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, I played an almost-complete campaign of Gen7 in the BeforeTimes, and it was pretty good.

The difficulty ramp is a bit too random, and the story gets way too dark (and the conclusion is binary: either everyone lives happily ever after, or everyone dies in abject misery while ponies are murdered via death machines fuelled with orphaned kittens), but we still had a pretty good time for 5 or 6 plays.

The expansion didn’t “help” but it wasn’t bad.

3 Likes

Nicely presented

And fast! Maybe it’s so expensive they’ll stay in stock for a while but pleased to have them anyway. Even if I’m off games for a while now.

11 Likes

Now I’m waiting on a train hoping my copy is waiting in the letterbox.

3 Likes

Curse of the enabler

1 Like

Two very different deliveries today.

6 Likes

My copy of nobody dice was waiting on me and made up for me getting on the wrong train (stupid front train on the platform).

I’m away on holiday next week with family and wondering if it’s possible to play with 6 with some minor adjustments or if I just take something else (but it does look soooo lovely).

3 Likes

I gut-feel 6 would be pushing it, but I admit I haven’t tried.

2 Likes

I really like 1876. It’s bonkers and really entertaining. Hope you enjoy it too!

2 Likes

Yeah, bought if off the back of a game. Had to wait 3 months for Marflow to make it.

I’m not sure I need this and 18Svea for a sub 1 hour 18XX game.

2 Likes

Having all this credit at the board game cafe is dangerous. I now own a copy of Wyrmspan.

It’s basically like getting it for free!

7 Likes

Oh man, I need to do some drive-by shopping at FLGS on Saturday. I was so hoping to get a copy before Easter.

4 Likes

Pre kid madness. Not sure I’ll play any time soon but the theme and the idea of the game are mega appealing. Also I love a more complex coop ala Spirit Island or Gloomhaven and with Mage Knight oop currently this seemed worth a shot

6 Likes

Played this at the latest 1PG meet and at Airecon. Possibly a bit longer than it really needs to be (why yes, this is the guy who went on to design Xia) but to me, a dedicated non-surfer, it has a surf “feel”.

With bonus stealth cat.

8 Likes

I made a thing! I guess it counts as buying as I bought the the things to make the thing.

17 Likes

I need to know more as to what was involved in making this. Will you tell us? Please? :star_struck:

4 Likes

Travel Games told me that they got a copy of Splendour: Pokemon for me, and bought it.

3 Likes

Allplay, Alltricktaking arrived. Well Bacon is a climbing game, but then it doesn’t work.

Two more crowfunded games to go

1 Like

Not good!? That’s very dismaying as it’s a Sean Ross title and the one I’m most keen to try

1 Like

Bacon is climbing not trick taking. So the Alltricktaking word play doesn’t work really.

Haven’t played a full game yet but it’s not bad. There’s a bit of bad editing in the rulebook that for the ladder you can only stay on the same combo until everyone passes.

2 Likes