Last game you bought?

Wish me luck, after I placed my order for Oriflamme and Royal Visit and Inkling— because purple and letters—all 3 games switched from „available“ to „re-ordered“ all 3 were waffles that were pretty well burnt already from all my waiting… :stuck_out_tongue:

Shamans is not available only one of my usual shops has it even listed for preorder….

The FOMO is real because after last year Tournament at Avalon never came back in stock anywhere close to me.

6 Likes

I almost bought Oriflamme at a newer game store that opened not too long ago, but the back was entirely in French, which made me question if it had English at all. Store owner couldn’t verify, so I didn’t gamble on it. This was after watching the Let’s Play by SU&SD months ago, and it looked fun, but I’ve already got games that I think fill this niche that don’t see enough play, so abandoned the idea of picking it up.

Royal Visit looks really interesting though…

2 Likes

That particular game was extremely delayed for me too. I ordered it on 05 July 2020, and it arrived on 16 June 2021. (It was consequently a completely unexpected surprise when it turned up, though, so that bit was kinda nice? : )

(I see that order also included “Oh My Goods!” which is still pending…)

2 Likes

Fantasy Realms

3 Likes

The German versions of Shamans (which were crowdfunded in Spring) are currently on the Ever Given and supposed to arrive at port at the end of September.

5 Likes

The world’s most famous cargo ship!

5 Likes

Apparently, I was one of the last ones to get their pledge of Glen More II: Highland Boogaloo err: Glen More II: Chronicles along with the Glen More II: Highland Games, along with all of the promo content offered in the pledge manager.

A long time ago, when I was first getting into the hobby, I looked very hard at Glen More′, but ultimately felt the tile laying too restrictive, having to regard both the road and the river when placing a tile. Then Glen More II: Chronicles started getting talked about and that they removed the road, but then added in a bunch of chronicles expansions.

Also, I’m quite interested in the Matthias Cramer time-rondel. When I was first getting into this hobby, clever action selection mechanisms were basically all I was interested in. The more my tastes develop, the more interested I get in other areas… and something I think is not well-developed in my collection is a broader perspective on interesting turn-timing1 mechanisms.

[1]: “turn-sequencing mechanisms” may be more apt

6 Likes

My folks are in town and got me a belated birthday gift while they were here. Oath is on the shelf and in the process of being digested slowly. Let’s see if it ever gets tabled…

10 Likes

Bought Cascadia after hearing good things on here and playing the web version. Also saw the English version of the Taverns of Tiefenthal expansion was available so quickly snapped that up. Looking forward to both arriving.

6 Likes

You should probably stop using Nepenthes rajah for your shelving.

6 Likes

So, what game did you buy? :wink:

GAH. My phone flipped pages and kept the post. My apologies.

I’m embarrassed now

2 Likes

FYI the answer to the question in your now-deleted post (I was half way through reading it when it disappeared : ) is that you highlight the text and then click on the cog icon in the editor to select how you want to obscure it.

2 Likes

Super thanks. Edited the post that is now in the correct place :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A whole bunch of orders have hit together! Many card games from the more recent SUSD plus a cheeky extra associated. 1829 was super cheap so it got added for historical interest.

10 Likes

Picked up the Thor, Hulk, and Wrecking Crew packs for Marvel Champions last night from the closing Barnes & Noble. Sounds like they are looking for a new location, which is good for the employees, and I would definitely prefer having one at a similar distance to me than the next available one. Also bought some books, but those aren’t games. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I went to my local game store today, and figured I should use my gift card from last Xmas before I forgot. So, I bought Oath: Chronicles of Empire and Exile. It’s been in the back of my mind for a while, always thought it sounded pretty interesting.

6 Likes

Shamans is here!

(ootgames used non-recyclable packing material, which goes into my great big box of same to be sent out with 3d-print orders; the game itself comes in shrinkwrap, and another shrink round the cards.)

9 Likes

It certainly looks pretty. Weirdly, no FOMO as the German version is not yet here and I have noticed that the place that imports it usually has the games they import available for quite some time. Maybe it helps that it was the first time that I heard about it in the SUSD review.

My recent shopping results arrived today as well: Die Knuffies (after some delay) accompanied by Menara and Great Plains and my FOMO-induced order of Royal Visit, Oriflamme & Inkling (the latter not quite based on FOMO but it was the last copy they had)

5 Likes

FWIW I reckon the only language-dependent component in Shamans is the rulebook, as long as you’re happy with the standard westernised version of Arabic numerals which are on the cards.

I saw this come up on BGG News a month or two back, thought it looked interested, watched the Dice Tower review, and did my best to translate out of what-Tom-likes to what-Roger-likes. I’d been havering for a bit waiting to see if the price would drop, but then the SU&SD review hit and while I don’t know whether merely mentioning a game is enough to put it out of stock I thought I might as well go for it. (It appears that plenty of vendors do still have it in stock now.)

3 Likes