Last game you bought?

Yeah, really great solo mode. Tricky sometimes with only one hero, as the threat number the Villain needs is very low, but if you run two heroes yourself it’s excellent as solo.

The enemy deck plays as a bot normally in the two-player game, so there’s no difference or reduction in mechanics when soloing.

1 Like

I bought Village Green for 12 quid in Blackwell. Noice. It’s a Peer Sylvester, so why not?

I bought Animal Upon Animal amd Coup Rebellion G54 both for very good price. I only played it once but I like the variation of the characters. A good chance of this being a Coup++, then I cant say no on trying it out

Bought a Buttonshy wallet game called Liberation too.

Im fine with this. They are all quick fire games. Easy to put to the table. Easy to chuck out if I dont want them

7 Likes

I’d be keen to hear your impressions of Village Green. I can see the art and theme providing a potential hook to snag some otherwise cautious players to the table.

1 Like

You picked it up in a shop? I ended up pre-ordering this one, and only got the shipping notification yesterday. You seem to have managed a 25% discount on the price on the day of release!

Ah no. Preorder

looks sideways at Osprey, who charged me 16 quid for my pre-order

Shipping ended up being free due to multiple purchases, despite not all of them being ready at the same time, and they’ve posted things as and when they’re ready; so I’m not complaining too much – I was fine with it when I ordered, after all. They have messed me around a bit on an entirely different matter, though, so this new discovery isn’t helping me feel more kindly about that.

I did find the theme for Village Green a bit irresistible. See What are your weak spots? I guess : )

I always love these pastoral themes, hence Rosenbergs are always charming to me

2 Likes

Samurai Spirit is one of my favorite solo games. The theme is thin, but the inexplicable transformation of the characters is so bizarre, it makes me laugh every time.

I recently picked up Tiny Epic Dinosaurs, and it has been a hit in my house. Not too fiddly, and we’ve found that sorting the dinomeeples at the beginning of each game is fun enough that we haven’t divvied them up into the pill-bags we keep around for small bits. With pill bags, setup will be less than 2 minutes.

4 Likes

This exists, it’s called a YouTube comments section.

6 Likes

That’s good to know because Tiny Epic Zombies is a fiddle fest…

2 Likes

I propose we coin a term for this, perhaps: hoedown?

5 Likes

This happens every year about an hour from my house. It is spectacular: https://www.fiddlecontest.org/

3 Likes

So much. We’ve really enjoyed Tiny Epic Defenders 2nd, and Tiny Epic Galaxies, so I got TEZ for my son 2 birthdays again, and it barely hits the table. Neat idea, but it’s just a pain.

May have to look at Tiny Epic Dino’s.

1 Like

Yesterday I received a mystery parcel from Germany, which turned out to be a Kickstarter delivery of my copy of On the Origin of Species (the game, not the book). It looks fairly light and quite charming, so looking forward to giving that a go.

3 Likes

Gloomhaven: small should be coming this week!

Just in time for Pandemic Legacy. :-\

2 Likes

[A small update amidst my update-pause, for good reason]

After seeing some talk around these fora, Leaving Earth gained my attention. I did some research and, soon enough, Leaving Earth landed on my BGG subscriptions, including notifications for BGG Marketplace listings.

Not even a week later, a nice deal on LE w/M + OP + ST popped up. For some reason, I had expected a much bigger box. And, perhaps, I wish I had the base game and the expansions in a TtR-sized box. The 3 “shoeboxes” may eventually get “upgraded”, as I did notice a fantastic fan-created box wrap on BGG for a 12"x12"x5".

5 Likes

I bought the small Abyss card game last night as a little treat for my partner. I know almost nothing about it. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I think I know what we’re doing on Sunday!

9 Likes

One of us, one of us!

5 Likes

Saw a good price on London on Amazon, so grabbed that. To get free shipping, I added Imhotep, which is a great game (that for some reason I owned, but sold).

3 Likes