Last game you bought?

Made it into central London, looked in Forbidden Planet and Orc’s Nest. Came away with Marvel Champions: Sinister Motives box and the Venom hero, as they’re both meant to be some of the more powerful in the game at the moment. (Also one for the “anticipated” thread: there’s an X-Men box and heroes on the way next).

1 Like

What’s that chanting I hear, coming from this forum?

“One of us. One of us.”

Looking forward to giving Spirit Island a go soon, although might not be for a couple of weeks due to other commitments.

17 Likes

Finally pulled the trigger on Root

9 Likes

Last week, I saw a BGG user posting some games for sale on the Kansas City Flea Market geeklist. Of note was Railways of the World: 10th Anniversary Edition, listed for an okay price, but not low enough for me to be enthusiastic. I GeekMailed the user and offered a lower price (the listing said “OBO”); he told me that if he didn’t get any other offers in the next couple of days, it could be mine.

Well, sure enough, I met up with the user yesterday and got RotW:10thAE for a reasonable (not great, but not bad) price. It seems to be missing a couple of train pieces, but nothing that really impacts me.

After completing our transaction, the seller asked me what kinds of games I like to play. We got to talking about our tastes and he offers an invitation to some game nights that he and some of his friends host nearby. He also mentions Dads on a Map and says one of the regulars he plays with is one of the founding Dads of DoaM who lives in the area.

So a new game, yes, but also a new lead on some in-person gaming with a group that values, specifically, SICS-style games, including 18xx. I’m very exite!

17 Likes

And because I am weak, I did purchase the used copy of Men at Work from my FLGS. But that’s it! I am going to stop perusing their list of used games online for a bit so I don’t get tempted by something else anytime soon.

7 Likes

6 Likes

My preorder of So, you’ve been eaten has finally arrived! Now I just need to drag myself away from Stardew Valley for long enough to do some space beast gut mining…

5 Likes

I’d put off buying anything until I had a new job, so now that’s sorted I picked up:

Burgle Bros 2
Caper: Europe
Unmatched: Cobble and Dog
Sub Terra
The Fuzzies
Marvel Champions: Mad Titan’s Shadow
London 2nd Edition

Now to find the time to play them all…

10 Likes

I think this would be a very different set than the Victorian themed Cobble and Fog that exists. I would love to see it though!

6 Likes

Haha, well the typo has to stay now! I’ve got more chance of getting it to the table with my girlfriend if I sell it to her as that too.

5 Likes

Contains

• Lassie
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • Laika
  • Lady and the Tramp
8 Likes

That’s a pretty solid list. It’s top of my buy pile.

4 Likes

Hong Kong Phooey would be a fun one. - fighting dog.

As would scooby - comes with shaggy. Rubbish normally but then overpowered with snacks.

8 Likes

This is a necessity:

9 Likes

Got these small boxes from the sale that @pillbox pointed out. Both in shrink. Palaces comes with a really high quality English rule book.

7 Likes

Carrara is good stuff!

4 Likes

Captain. I legit cannot determine if there’s a hint of sarcasm in this. :joy: I hate Queen Games boxes!

I hope you enjoy Chi-Ex. Carrara is fun too

4 Likes

The boxes are insane. Carrara is 90% air

7 Likes

I end up fitting in Chi-Ex, German Railways, and Locomotive Werks inside the Chi-Ex box.

6 Likes

Need to buy more train games!

5 Likes