Last game you bought?

Hadrian’s Wall arrived for my crazy roll n write collection

On the left is the box. On the right is how much of the box is filled with the paper pads.

This is how much is needed for a maximum player count game.

This is getting ridiculous now. The box doesn’t even close properly with all the pads. Think I’m going have to use a bunch up just to get the lid flush! I usually laminate the sheets immediately.

6 Likes

I got the go-ahead to plunk down for the rest of the Gale Force Nine Aliens stuff, so I’ve brought home Get Away from Her you B####! and Ultimate Badasses

I’ve got a pretty good little Plano solution going for the game, so I’ll be looking to condense all the non-mini materials into the core box, to be ditched once I can find a proper bin.

Given the structure of the campaign, I’m pretty happy to have this one “complete” ahead of my first play. Lots to expand here for what will largely be a solo game.

4 Likes

FLGS was having a Memorial Day sale starting today, and with encouragement from my wonderful wife, I got there shortly after the store opened.

Had some decent deals ($20 off PanLeg S0), but only grabbed Tournament at Camelot for $20. One of the employees also pointed out their Dent and Ding section and in checking it out I found Renature for $20, all due to a small tear in the bottom of the box.

6 Likes

I preordered The Loop after waffling for months about preordering vs waiting… (1)

Because it is impossible to just preorder one 35€ game, somehow Iberian Gauge may have slipped into that order.

(1) I asked at FLGS if they were getting the game and the answer was „we got an email about this weird looking game but there was almost no information on it“ I couldn’t quite get him to tell me if they had ordered it or not… so I assume they didn’t.

5 Likes

I ordered a few new titles this week, namely Summoner Wars 2ed, Calico, Super-Skill Pinball 4Cade and Railroad Ink Challenge Green. Unfortunately we’re currently in lockdown 4.0 - hoping it lifts soon so I can get them played :frowning: . Though, failing that, I suppose I can have some fun with Super-Skill Pinball solo.

6 Likes

Thanks to this;

I now own this

Box could easily be half the size though.

Apparently it was handed to the resident, which was great as I was sat in a cinema 30 minutes away.

6 Likes

Component upgrade: real marshmallows

4 Likes

I bought L.L.A.M.A. It was less than 5 quid!

3 Likes

Several RPGs have some sort of point system whereby you get them during play and spend them to be extra-heroic. Some sort of physical token can be handy for this. Use sweets or other snacks and you will discover which of your players has no impulse control…

(I believe QAGS makes this an actual rule.)

3 Likes

Magical Kitties does this, as a recent example. Built-in impulse control though, if you keep the treats on brand. :face_vomiting:

A lot of trades lately as I have used the Trade Search feature in BGG and comprehensively went through the matches.

Iquazu
Bucket Brigade
Mangrovia
Traders of Carthage aka Traders of Osaka
Aton
Fuse
Millions of Dollars
Asante

Surprisingly, only 1 of those is a Knizia :joy:

3 Likes

A KS version of one of my favourite work placement games appeared on second hand here in NZ. So now I own (well, it is still on the way) Architects of the West Kingdom from Shem Phillips. With metal coins and all.

I am going to have to start a list of shame like @pillbox this year…

8 Likes

How naïve of me, back in April I was saying things like that…

This year’s Games so far :man_facepalming:

-Android (2nd hand)
-Empires of the Void II
-Merchants & Marauders
-Rex: Last days of an Empire (2nd hand)
-Oceans
-Taverns of Tiefenthal (2nd hand)
-Forbidden Island (2nd hand)
-Game of Thrones 2nd Ed (2nd hand)
-The Crew: Search for Planet Nine
-Blood Rage (2nd hand)
-Love Letter (New edition) Won at raffle.
-Firefly
-Tiny Epic Pirates
-Fort (2nd hand)
-Architects of the West Kingdom KS (2nd hand)

4 Likes

I mean 2nd hand hardly counts! If anything, honestly, it should count for negative! You’re helping someone else cull their collection, and culling, I’m told, is healthy.

6 Likes

I should have included that I sold Fog of Love. See? I am glad we are on the same page. Culling! Healthy!

4 Likes

So many small games, those hardly count.
Can you tell me about Empires of the Void? Why did you buy it? Have you played? It’s been on my waffle list and…

(At the start of the year I said something like buying one game a month. oO I am soooo beyond that… reasons reasons…)

4 Likes

I must admit seeing that it was like Twilight Empire but in 2 hours sold it to me. I asked @Marx for his opinion, also ThreeMinuteBoardGames has it very high on his list, and when I saw it on offer I jumped to it. But, with Rex, remains unplayed. From my group, the players that are into longer games are very much pro-euro non-conflict. So I need to wait for the right circumstances. Hopefully not for long.

2 Likes

By the way, I only count The Crew, Forbidden Island, Love Letter, Tiny Epic Pirates and Fort as small. That is still a minority… :thinking:

3 Likes

Any UKer bought Summoner Wars 2 yet? If so, Im curious on where you got it

1 Like

I preordered from: Summoner Wars 2nd Edition Master Set (Preorder) – Gamers@Hart

Not received yet, but it’s a good store.

1 Like