Last game you bought?

“Random Kickstarter game for scale”

2 Likes

I’ll just assume it’s some limited-in-size-only-by-the-dimensions-of-a-Kallax-cubby miniature-and-stretchgoal-explosion. That must be a huge table!

2 Likes

Loving the Ikea chair at the back. Gosh, I miss Ikea. Who would have thought.

On the other hand, my copy of Firefly arrived yesterday from Australia. Plus the Artful Dodger expansion, which left the flat box and lives in the main one. I realized I ran out of baggies, so I did not punch the cardboard components. Guess where I am going today on lunch break…?

3 Likes

Your local dealer?

“No I don’t want the powder in the bag. That just gets the components covered in white!”

4 Likes

FLGS deals me the best stuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

9 Likes

Good stuff you got there!

I do not have the Beaches expansion but I hear good things about it.

1 Like

KFS continues with Railroad Ink Challenge here in the UK.

The “Railroad Ink Blue” carton is just padding.

I already had the Red and Blue editions on the right. Somewhere I have the promo board that links the landscape of red to the landscape of blue, but it’s gone missing somewhere among my game collection.

Everything seems to be here, as far as I can tell. I now have something like 25? 7×7 boards for a really huge simultaneous game… maybe at a convention some time. Do people still make epidiascopes? I’d need some way of making the dice rolls visible to every player… I suppose just stream video or images from the phone, but that’s dull.

7 Likes

The Terraforming Mars big box with all the 3D terrain pieces arrived yesterday. I think TM is an OK game. It is one of my most played games and I own everything, including now such over-the-top ridiculousness as 3D terrain pieces because it is one of my husband’s absolute favorite games. Such is the insanity of a two-gamer game collection I suppose.

Old vs New boxes

Some of the table at the end of a game last night

9 Likes

That is a big box! The tiles look cool

1 Like

I… er… like the colours on the new box.

4 Likes

That’s humongous. I like the game but the amount of shelfspace that box requires … I agree that the blue is nice though. (I am somehow fitting all the expansions in my small box but no 3D tiles)

1 Like

@Brattyjedi which one is larger: Anarchrony or this? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Anachrony!
Same width but Anachrony is taller and deeper.

6 Likes

FLGS was out of baggies, so I used snack supermarket baggies instead for the Firefly components. It does not look fancy, but they do the job. All ready for a possible solo game tonight. Question for @RogerBW and any other owners, did you get rid of all the plastic? So far everything fits in well, but I can see that if I get some expansions, space could be an issue on my American box (square)

1 Like

Eventually. For a long while I managed to keep everything in the (European) box, which I think is either 1½× or 2× the width of the American square box, gradually removing inlays to fit in more stuff, but now I have the whole thing in a huge Really Useful Box. That’s each card deck in a plastic box, all the ships and tokens and dice in the tiny RUBs, vinyl mat in its shipping tube, big case of poker chips, pile of business card holders, etc.

And dash it all I still have a Big Damn Crate that I need to find some wood stain for!

1 Like

I have everything packed into the original box (with original insert) + Blue Sun. I think Blue Sun is map and ship boards, everything else is in the base (TtR-sized) game box.

2 Likes

Another raffle prize arrived today:

8 Likes

Someone wants to absorb all those colors…

2 Likes

But then how will she be a sinister shadow in the background of all of our gaming sessions?

10 Likes