Last game you bought?

Both ‘yes’ and ‘no’. Depends on how many grail games come along? And how many of my “2021 watchlist” come through this year.

What I haven’t decided yet if if I can give myself an easy out and count sold/traded games as negatives :thinking:

4 Likes

I also loved sorting the Anachrony Infinity box. It’s just so well organized!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I think you should have a maximum quota… For 2 to come in, 2 have to sell or leave, sort of. It will probably be quite cathartic.

1 Like

This is literally the thing I hate doing most in every Roguelike and ARPG.

1 Like

Just picked up Gods Love Dinosaurs. Because I also love dinosaurs.

5 Likes

I seem to have ordered some wallet games from Button Shy.

Because it’s so tiny, I’ve been carrying “Elevenses for One” with me everywhere in recent months, so that any time I want to take a break from what I’m doing and play a quick game, I’ll have something on hand. It struck me that the wallet games series is more or less in that same niche, and loads of them have solo expansions or are solo to start with (all but two of the list below), and so by delving into that catalogue I could dramatically expand my options.

I reckon that if I like even half of these, it will have been money well spent.

• Food Chain Island
  • Handsome
  • Hierarchy
  • Ragemore
  • Skulls of Sedlec
  • SpaceShipped
  • Sprawlopolis
  • The Maiden In The Forest
  • Wonder Tales
8 Likes

Hmmm… Oceans was on offer, and I was weak. As a coincidence, now I own al the games I had listed on my pre-Christmas wishlist. Funny thing that…

5 Likes

You can stop buying games now!

1 Like

Yep. I am good for a bit now. Need to start playing them…

Well, this can’t really count as a game I “bought” now.

Basically, because the GFoL expansion still hasn’t appeared, my order had sat unfulfilled. The shop I bought it from checked up on it and found a copy of New York Zoo hadn’t been set aside and they were now out of stock :cry:

But all was not lost! They offered a full refund and to send me their shop demo copy. It’s just turned up and it’s in perfect condition, so woo! :grin:

Also, Gods Love Dinosaurs just turned up and it had multiple silica gel packets in it. Most amusingly, there were three packets in the bag of frog meeples :laughing:

4 Likes

Oooh I’ve been umming and awing on gods love dinos. The little dinos look super cool.

Having watched with review on SUSD, Skulls and Sprawlopolis certainly look like they could be good.

2 Likes

The little wooden animals are very nice. And you get so many! Between GLD and NYZ, I received 287 wooden animals today :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Genuinely read that as ‘dildos’. Now, that is a very different game

5 Likes

I sold off a few games recently, so I allowed myself a treat (needed some shopping therapy, frankly) and picked up Praga Caput Regni from my FLGS yesterday.

There was a really slow burn with regard to my excitement level for this game. Initially I shrugged off the early hype for it as just “the new one from a respected designer” but the more I peered in, the more I really liked what I saw. In particular the way the board works (aside from the rondel) wasn’t something I picked up on immediately, and there’s a ton to digest there.

Something I totally didn’t expect is how jaw-dropping it is. The (lovely) box cover belies the art style used in the game itself, and up close it’s really something to behold. Prepping the game involves some (tedious) construction, and they went out of their way to make it somewhat pleasurable; Several components destined to be covered up forever (the dials, the dual layered boards) had unique art and details that legitimately put a smile on my face as I fudged through.

This is a game I’ll want to play multiplayer, but I’ll be making use of the solo mode(s) to learn the game, at the very least.

4 Likes

Meant to check in with my local store to see if the Marvel Champions: Wasp pack had turned up yet, and they had Wasp, Quicksilver and somehow Scarlet Witch already. So I bought… all of them. (They’re hard enough to get in the US, goodness knows when they’ll arrive in the UK again reliably).

5 Likes

Earlier today, I received my package of 3664. Now, that may not sound familiar… a cursory search shows that it doesn’t come up in the BGG database. There’s a good reason for that: it’s merely a bit of summing. Once I separated the boxes, they revealed themselves to be my Kickstarted 1840: Vienna Tramways and my add-on 1824: Austrian-Hungarian Railway (Second Edition).

I’m not yet at 18 18xx games… but… getting closer

pillbox’s 2021 Purchase Tracker as of 2021-02-10: 4.3

Tracker
  • Codename: Fifteen (0.1)
  • 1860: Railways on the Isle of Wight
  • Anachrony: Infinity Box
  • Bucket of Bolts / Artefact (0.1 each)
  • Codename: Easterly Alacrity
  • Codename: Boreal Pacifism
6 Likes

From the Maths Trade, I’m getting:

Keythedral - I know Keyflower is the best, but I’m curous
Masons (by Colovini) - I have Aztlan too. Only these 2 I’m left to try from him. Never tried all of his, but these are the ones I’m interested in. Bridges of Shangri-La remains unparalleled.
Town [Centre]: 4th ed - same designer of Clinic and Tramways
Broom Service: the Card Game - Broom Service the board game is very fun, so I’m curious on this one.
Small Star Empires - they also published Small Samurai Empires and Small Railroad Empires. Thanks to @EnterTheWyvern for this one.

There’s Iwari and Spirit Island there but, alas, I didn’t got them. :frowning:

3 Likes

I got some small boxes
Wizard highly rated by Kellen on BGB, I grew up on trick taking games
Star Realms Frontiers an expansion for a small box deck builder/ card battler
Patchwork 2 player, polyomino layer? I’m going to suck at this

2 Likes

Lux Aeterna goes out… Crossfire comes in.

I don’t remember asking for it, though I dare say I did. Shan’t be able to play it for a while, minimum 5 players…

3 Likes