Last game you bought?

“It’s not a boardgame honest!”

I’ve ordered the ruleset for A Billion Suns, after passively listening to a designer interview I would like to read the rules and maybe play a few games against myself.

A few things to note

• You build your list as you play as deployment points are victory points. It’s possible to go into debt and claw it back
  • You play in multiple areas, simulating the vastness of space combat
  • Ship size scales from tiny fighters to planet destroyers
  • Game length is set by the game “size”
4 Likes

I know quite a few people very excited for A Billion Suns. Another miniatures agnostic system by the designer of Gaslands, although there is a range by Brigade Models that is ‘semi-official’.

4 Likes

Yes, I actually watched a whole playthrough. a ‘size one’ battle so just a couple of ships a side.

I may also get the Gaslands hardcover but I have a digital copy already. I prefer physical rulebooks though.

4 Likes

Le Steampunk Rally Nouveau est arrivé!

Ordered via KS: 28 April 2020
Initial target date: 31 August 2020

(Addendum: while it is indeed possible to get all the inventors and tiles from both editions into the box, there isn’t quite room for everything – dice, cardboard cogs and dials overflow from the allotted space. And I don’t want to discard them; I have run out of dice in an 8-player game. So I may at some point dump the vac tray, nice as it is, and make my own.)

8 Likes

Confession time :relaxed: The prolonged lockdown gave me an excuse namely that FLGS needs my support. Right? Right?

They only deliver 50€ and up and well whatever. I broke my resolution already.

Just a bit of shopping

Now I still haven’t payed for the games… but they know me I guess :slight_smile:

Anyway I have the bad feeling that as long as I sit at home with no social life except online gaming my shopping habits will not improve.

Just before the bike courier delivered those games I got a mail from online shop that they have Xia in stock. Including the solo expansion. also Babylonia.

12 Likes

That’s a lovely game store and certainly worth you breaking your resolution for.

I bought Gaslands: Refueled. Still not a boardgame. Started producing tokens for it and will probably buy the movement bits.

6 Likes

Waiting for another gamer to be allowed in the same house before I start playing Gaslands…

5 Likes

One of my lockdown 1 projects was to paint up a bunch of teams of vehicles for Gaslands. Still haven’t got to play with my ‘newly’ converted and painted vehicles. I really enjoyed the 1 game I’ve had back in Feb 19.

3 Likes

I bought the cheapest set of little plastic cars I could find for Gaslands, and I still haven’t played a game because I haven’t made time to finish cutting out paper and sticking it to cardboard (for the movement templates); but at least I’m confident of getting back to that at some point.

I’m glad that painting things isn’t mandatory – if it were, I’m sure I would never play anything at all. (I am always simultaneously jealous/not-jealous when I see other people’s beautifully painted miniatures!)

4 Likes

Yeah, my current plan is basically

• 3d-print a bunch of barrels, Jersey barriers, etc.
  • buy some of Amazon’s cheapest most rubbish toy cars in about the right size
  • 3d-print and glue on some weapons and spikes and things

I don’t have a solution for dice and templates yet. Probably 3rint the templates and use dice tables at least until I know whether I like the game. I’m a rubbish painter; I read the minis thread and boggle at the people saying “I’m not happy with this”.

8 Likes

Recently bought Taverns of Tiefenthal 2nd hand and Bloody Inn.

Haven’t played either but read good things about them and got a really good price.

6 Likes

Living in a house with a small child I have a ready supply of cars so long as I don’t glue guns to them.

I’m happy with a look up table for rolls.

Of anything it will probably end up like my GW days where I enjoyed making lists and painting more than the game.

3 Likes

Succumb to what looked like a good deal on Kemet with both expansions on FB marketplace. Don’t know when I’ll get to play this but it’s a game I’ve fancied for ages.

3 Likes

Simulating the two different approaches to running a pub.

10 Likes

Merchants and Marauders made it home! Still unpunched and in shrink, I have not had a quiet night yet to do it.
That’s two games this month, and I am looking at Star Wars: Outer Rim discounted… I am strong, I won’t buy it… Damn, these discounts in January are hard!

5 Likes

I’ve seen a load of places selling bits for Gaslands, both templates and tokens, plus car addons and debris (physical and stl files). I’d be happy to collate a list if it would be helpful for people.

3 Likes

Thats pretty much how i felt about it!! I made up so.many WH40k ork armies but i dont think i ever played them!

2 Likes

Exactly!! (It wasnt deliberate…)

1 Like

Please do!

1 Like

I got Troyes dice and Aquatica. My partner and I had a good time with Its a wonderful world and I think aquatica might scratch that itch while also having a dual layer board into which you slide cards into.

5 Likes