I get it. I had an open spot and I met Bianca and since I already have Bangle I decided against her because it seemed they would have been more or less the same character. I kind of regretted that though because Bianca is really cute and has a pretty house and I spent another 15 nook tickets or so until I ended up with Alice the koala…
My early villagers were all random:
- Louie–a gorilla who is surprisingly sweet, originally I hoped he’d move out but he’s been nothing but nice, gives me a lot of presents and has taught me most of the reactions I have
- Bob–the cat is really weird (he seems to be quite popular which I don’t quite get…)
- Phoebe–she gets on my nerves sometimes
- Wendy–that sheep is just too quirky, I wasn’t unhappy when she was moved out (via Campsite) and she ended up on a friend’s island.
- Molly, the insecure duckling has also left for deeper ponds… she only stayed on my island for a week before she decided to pack it up. Back then I had no idea what was going on.
- Blanche was the last random that moved in–I had 2 open spots at the time and overlooked the second one, but I like her she’s got style
Then I realized I could have a say in who moved in and started looking for cute ones and sometimes they click and sometimes they don’t:
- Lopez–a deer with style and he’s grown on me despite his arrogance,
- Hornsby–who I took some time to warm up to but he’s really cute and made me smile a lot, I really have no idea why didn’t convince him to stay, the rhinos are so cute and he’s the only one I met so far
- Bangle–love her, I’ll never let her move out. Tiger in a cage… I know I know… of all those on my island right now she’s my absolute favorite
- Kidd–similar to Lopez in many aspects but he manages to get on my nerves a lot more and also he is always pretty arrogant towards other villagers especially Stitches. Last week Kidd wanted to move out and I have no idea why I let him stay…
- Stu–that bull lived in a back alley and drank beer all day long and I wasn’t crying when he left. I guess if one wanted to build like an industrial or big city scenery he would be good to keep because the presents he had were fitting for that.
- Stitches–came via campsite and pushed out Wendy so that was good. That tiny psycho teddy is even weirder than Bob. But he looks so cute in his rainbow colored shirt that I have to smile everytime he does his little Naruto run across the plaza.
- Alice–looks cute but took some time to overcome her shyness, I find “normal” personality villagers are quite difficult to get to know
Overall my hits were balanced out by the misses and I found out I don’t always agree with the internet at large or my friends, who play, about who are good villagers to live with.
So I’ve saved a bunch of Nook tickets for tomorrow… but if I don’t find anyone I may have to resort to random.