In 8 games around the world

Only games I own or plan to own soon.

King of Tokyo: hop on a monster, see where it takes me. Turns out it’s headed to

Indonesia. Monster travel seems somewhat unreliable, so I set up a shipping company with trade links to India, and travelling by boat and cargo train I end up in

Jaipur. Joining another trade caravan I end up at seemingly everyone’s favourite tourist destination

Kabul in the [Pax] Pamir [2e] mountain range. The Russian coalition currently seems dominant, so I ingratiate myself with Persian aristocracy, and after many close escapes end up at

the confluence of the Tigris & Euphrates in Iraq. Land travel doesn’t work out, so I get passage on a merchant ship to Africa, and eventually end up at

The Great Zimbabwe. Seems like there’s no public transport, so join a herder travelling to the coast, and get passage on multiple merchant ships travelling all the way round the African coast, to the Mediterranean sea, and eventually to

[Glory to] Rome. Here, it turns out someone in America wants a real pizza, and sent a zeppelin to pick some up some talent. I hitch a ride to meet the

Food Chain Magnate who appreciates the fact I convinced a chef from Napoli to tag along to show the chef from Rome how it’s really done. As payment, they give me a 1st class ticket to Osaka, but first I take a little detour to visit Rachel Simmons in Sunnyvale, California, to thank her for the copy of

Napoleon’s Triumph and see how Stavka is coming along. Then it’s on the plane back to Osaka!

8 Likes

Ha! Well… maybe!

I could definitely do it with Ticket to Ride; its one of my partner’s favorite series of games, so we own nearly everything TtR. But if we exclude that… maybe. For the challenge, I’ll also exclude Pandemic and anything else that has a world map :wink:

I’ll give it a try tonight!

2 Likes

I wonder if it is possible to travel around the world just on Knizia games :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You could probably do it on versions of Modern Art alone!

3 Likes

Well I think my little trip would go a-something like this:

I’d start out close to home and take a tour of all the Medieval castles and estates of Lancaster before packing up my gold and my squires and riding a horse up to the
Isle of Skye, where I’d have a few whiskies and swear at a few inopportune cows before getting on a little red sailboat down to
Catalonia where I’d take in the local Castell competitions and climb up a human tower so high that it would topple over and the top of it would land me in
Orléans where I’d survive a hostile Invasion armed only with a ball of wool and some cheese before I’d get a lift on a wagon with a farmer, a merchant and a knight (just because) all the way up to—

uh-oh.

I’m in trouble here.

I’m not even out of Europe yet. I’d better get a move on.

What massive land mass is there that could catapult my progress a good distance eastwards in just one move?

…?
…!

aha!

Siberia! (the card game, as that’s the only one I’ve played) where I’d be so busy drilling for oil and natural gas and diamonds and whatnot that I’d totally forget about my trip and find myself going deeper and deeper until I stumbled upon a
Small World Underground and from there all I’d need to do is keep digging sideways and a little bit up and then I’d pop up in
Santa Monica where I’d realise I’d only got one move left so I may as well go to Chez Jay’s to meet the peanut that went to the moon and then well it’s pretty obvious that I’ve farted about for far too long and I’m never going to make it round the world in 8 games so let’s call up my friends in NASA and follow that peanut into space to explore some
New Frontiers!

and that’s my story.

5 Likes

Nice idea, since 2020 wasn’t only bad for travelers but also for sport fans, I will combine my visits to watch some events of the Champion of the Wild game.

I own all the games.

LOCATION GAME CHAMPION OF THE WILD TRIVIA
London Chronicles of Crime London Marathon first London marathon was held in 1981
Scotland Mysterium Hide & Seek What better place to play Hide & Seek than an old spooky castle?
Bristol Treasure Island Cheese Rolling The Book “Treasure Island” starts in Bristol, which happens to be close to Cooper Hill, the famous Event
Tortuga Tortuga 1667 50m Swim Area of the island: 179,94 km²
Havanna Mafia de Cuba Home Run Derby Baseball is one of the most popular sport in Cuba
New York A Fake Artist goes to New York New York to Miami according to google maps you’ll need 18h and 47min by car
Across USA Rail Pass Bowling Appearantly there are 4500 bowling centers in the US
Hollywood The Networks Disaster Chef Hollywood, Home of the Networks, perfect place to watch disaster chef with animals
Antartica T.I.M.E Stories Expedition Endurance Race of Antarctica Next Antartic Ice Marathon is scheduled for 14. December 2021
Japan Sushi Go Sumo Wrestling Unlike boxing or wrestling, Sumo has no weight division
Thailand Lanterns: The Harves festival Weight Lifting Thailand has won 14 out of 33 Olympic medals in Weight Lifting, the last World Championship was in Pattaya Thailand.
Greece Cyclades all the original olympic games Sure, it’s not Athens, but Greece is good enough I’d argue.
3 Likes