How many on the Top 100 BGG...?

The BGG top 100 really is filled with the sort of games that I look at and just think ‘Nope’. It’s pretty telling that there any aren’t which I’ve played but not owned.

Own (4):
Codenames
Crokinole
Pandemic
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective

Previously owned (2):
Pandemic Legacy Season 1
Twilight Struggle

Awaiting delivery:
Arkham Horror LCG
Patchwork

1 Like

24 played (including digital) and 8 owned. More than i thought actually

1 Like

You previously owned a Legacy game… how did you get rid of it?

Anything that might be useful as a spare went into our Pandemic: On The Brink expansion box (that’s where we keep the stuff from the first two expansions that won’t squeeze into the base box).

Everything else… well… in the bin.

4 Likes

I done the same thing although I have no idea what I’ll use the bits for.

1 Like

I used all the tokens for PnP Light Speed, which is my daughter’s current favourite game.

4 Likes

Nice : ) I haven’t played Light Speed in years, but it’s a lovely wee game.

2 Likes

So split between Pandemic: On The Brink, and Pandemic: Down The Sink.

4 Likes

I already had custom-printed circular cards,so the shiny Pandemic Legacy cubes as damage markers and orange pills as asteroid treasure rounded out the package nicely.

1 Like

I’m at 13 played; own 7 physical copies and 3 app version’s.
My wife and I just finished pandemic legacy season 1 yesterday though. Neither of us are keen on the idea of just throwing it in the bin after scavenging cubes etc - so I may make a craft project of it and frame the board as a display with some of the bits stuck on. Don’t know yet. It may still just go to the bin

1 Like

Played 14, own… 4. Better than expected. There are some I could almost count, since I’ve played a version of TI, and I’ve played Pandemic Legacy S1 but never Pandemic. There were also a couple I used to own.

1 Like

I own 5 (Azul, The Crew, El Grande, Sherlock Holmes CD, Pandemic Legacy S1)
Played 29, many of them I didn’t like, that said I am not much into heavy games with minor player interactions, but I see why many people like it.

3 Likes

Played 13. Own 12.

1 Like

Just seen this poster on a BGG forum

https://www.etsy.com/listing/711501279/top-100-board-games-2020-bgg-edition

6 Likes

They usually sell these at Spiel. I will get one when we have a dedicated gaming room. (Which is in planning … )

3 Likes

Looks great, if playing the top 100 is something you actually want to do.

6 Likes

I think they have another one with boardgaming achievements… I just think they’d look cool together. There are definitely games in the top 100 I am never going to play.

3 Likes

The variant I’ve seen before is the 10×10 tracker – space on the left for name markers, holes for meeples as one plays the games.

3 Likes

On our Geek we have a set of achievements/targets

I have most completed, besides the NZ and Cthulu ones from the top of my head. Although I could consider Raiders of the North Sea as NZ, couldn’t I…? Oh, and I don’t think I have played any 2020 games that weren’t from TTS

2 Likes

I think I saw the same BGG thread originally mentioned and the “Board Game Hero” poster was also brought up there and seemed more versatile.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/739236669/board-games-hero-challenge-scratch

3 Likes