How are you today?

I have to go to a meeting now–in person–with someone who is likely still not vaccinated.
As this has to do with our renovation issue, I have a double-bad feeling about this.

Very double bad.
Anyone care to guess what the local numbers are? Too high to be comfortable with this.

6 Likes

My wife has the plague. I don’t.

9 Likes

Oh noes, weren’t you being especially careful to protect her all this time? -.-

3 Likes

Yup. She brought it back from a weekend thing at which everyone was vaccinated, masking, well-ventilated…

4 Likes

That’s awful… and a stark reminder why we have the guidelines and protections that we do.

My real estate agent held their annual client appreciation party this past weekend. In a desperate bid to get out of the house and remember what it’s like to be adults, my partner and I left our kids with my in-laws and went to the “small, exclusive” party. I’ll admit, it was smaller than when we went in 2019, but it wasn’t as “exclusive” as it had been purported to be. My partner and I were 2 of the, maybe, 7 people we saw wearing masks out of what must have been 200 people.

We were very uncomfortable and stayed only long enough to say hello to our agent. Well, I drank a beer from the open bar, but it would have been rude not to partake. I also ate a cookie.

8 Likes

Real estate holding an annual client appreciation party?? Wow. We got a decorated chopping board and a fire extinguisher.

I admit I prefer it that way now that I think of it.

5 Likes

It was only half-bad. So my sub-conscious overestimated everything once again. Typical.

So so sorry to hear that, wishing her all the best and a quick recovery.

4 Likes

I collect board games.

My real estate agent collects Lamborghinis. He’s very successful; because he’s very good at what he does. And part of what he does is show appreciation for his clients :slight_smile:

6 Likes

We got a calendar…

3 Likes

Good on him. We were chuffed with the extinguisher, though. Honestly. Safety first.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully she will have a swift recovery. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Suddenly our boardgame collecting is put into perspective. That’s my new defense “Well I could be collecting Lamborghinis”

10 Likes

He keeps buying different houses in order to get enough garage space for all of his Lambos. He had a 4 car garage at his last house, and he had storage lifts installed in 3 of the bays (Lambos are pretty squat, so it’s trivial to store 2 of them in one bay with the right lift). About 9 months ago, my partner saw on Facebook that they just moved and their new house has what he really wants (an 8 car garage) and what she really wants (a swimming pool), all while increasing the number of bedrooms (6 I think?) so that they can adopt twin boys (which I think was the reason they were looking for a new house)

6 Likes

Damn. I was really beginning to hate this guy and then you ruined it with the last sentence!!

4 Likes

Are they adopting people in their 40s?? It’s for a friend…

8 Likes

Yeah, at face value, he seems like a guy you’d want to hate.

But he also regularly gets his supercar-owning friends together to do a Make-a-Wish event or some other charity thing; they roll up to the local race track or a kid’s house with a parade of supercars and give the kids rides in bedroom-wall-poster-worthy cars.

They’re not prone to talk about it, but by talking with his mother (who is also a realtor and on his team, and has been our Buyer’s Agent both times we’ve bought a house), they are very generous even beyond the “we donate to charities for the tax write-off” threshhold.

So I don’t feel remotely bad partaking in their events or recommending them to friends who need a realtor.

10 Likes

Feel like I’m hearing more and more stories of people getting it at the moment. Hope she is OK and it’s only a light dose she gets over quickly.

5 Likes

Really sorry to hear that Roger. Thinking of you both.

3 Likes

I hope she recovers soon, and you manage to avoid it :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

We have some friends like that. My wife worked as a nanny for their kids when they were younger, and to say thanks, they paid for our wedding reception. They regularly donate to local charities, and provide paid leave for their employees to do relief work around the world. Good folks are good folks.

6 Likes

Ouch. Hope she recovers swiftly.

2 Likes