How are you today?

Man, I’m a big fan of anyone who gives the Reaper the middle finger. Give your wife a high five for me, will ya?

And congrats on the new daughter!

10 Likes

Massive, massive congratulations to you, your wife and your family.

5 Likes

Congratulations, all the best wishes to the new baby and the proud mum. Phew, that was quite the ordeal to go through…

5 Likes

In other news, we are pretty sure my mother-in-law is eating all the support cookies we are receiving and blaming the nanny…

It’s so hard to find good help these days.

10 Likes

Hooray for modern medicine! Excellent news that mom and kid are doing well! Best wishes to all.

5 Likes

Congratulations! I hope your wife has a smooth recovery :blush:

5 Likes

Congratulations to you, your wife and happy Birthday to the new kid :slight_smile:
It sounds like a very scary birth though at the end. Glad it ended well–well enough that is. I wish both of you a speedy recovery and good times with the baby.

4 Likes

Congrats on the new baby, and glad that everything went okay with your wife. How scary that must have been!

5 Likes

Super congrats!

3 Likes

Pollen! Pollen!
You’re not fun, unlike stollen,
My histamine has follen
For your tricks now I’m swoll-en
Like an early summertime Gollum
I got mast cells, can’t controll-em
I should be happy, but I’m solemn
If you had social medias, hell I’d troll em
You may have virtues, won’t extol em
You turn my sinuses into a pro’lum
Up my nose, I wish you’d not come
Want someone to say ‘hey I relieve ya
From this annoying nasty hay fev-ier’.

Thank you. sniff

14 Likes

Not so much sniff as my eyes are itching badly, making it hard to read or use the computer etc. And it hurts out of proportion to the problem.

5 Likes

Yes, it definitely makes me grumpy far more than it really should.

3 Likes

Certainly makes me irritable.

1 Like

Modern Day:
This is an important message from the District of Columbia AlertDC system.

Today’s air quality alert has been elevated to a Code Purple, which indicates very unhealthy air conditions for the entire public, not just those with respiratory illnesses. Wearing a high-quality (N95 or KN95) mask may limit exposure for those with respiratory illnesses, older adults, children, and/or teens.

Those with heart or lung disease, older adults, children and teens should avoid all outdoor activities. If activities continue, they should be moved indoors. Everyone else should avoid long or intense activities. Consider moving activity indoors or rescheduling. Those that must work outside should reduce work if possible, and if not wear a mask.

Growing up in Southern California circa 1990:
[Two strangers in line at the book store]

It’s really smokey today!

Yeah.

My eyes hurt.

Yeah. My throat hurts.

[swallows] Yeah, mine too.

Prolly get the kids a slurpee on the way home from soccer practice.

Oh, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe I’ll grab one too.

Kay, take care. Run if you see flames!

Ha ha, yeah.

6 Likes

This just came up in my work chat because half of my team lives in northeast US.

My manager posted a screenshot of some alert he got and it said PM2.5 is at 292μg/m3, which is significantly higher than normal (like 25 times the “normal”, I think?)

2 Likes

I’ve been in Florida for two weeks. I’m flying home to Virginia today (on my first plane waiting for take off now). My husband has already warned me the air is not good at home.

2 Likes

The ny Yankees game was canceled yesterday due to air pollution. I’m not sure that is a first, but it’s not common.

2 Likes

It smells like a campfire outside. It’s bad but nothing like SoCal growing up. I don’t know enough to know if we are wimps now or if we were idiots then. We did generally stay inside when the ash started falling.

2 Likes

I did something to my back. I am in a comical amounts of pain.

I was supposed to be going camping, but I can’t move.

8 Likes

I also cannot not move.

1 Like