How are you today?

That sounds hellish, but I am sort of in awe of the commitment to kicking things. Where does he get the energy?

(I hope you all sleep better tonight)

4 Likes

I think he is powered by our despair. Or exhaustion. Something like that.

I forgot to note that I stayed up late Saturday night replacing their bedroom door. Because the old one looked like this:

7 Likes

Wowsers, COMaestro, that’s quite a job he’s done on that door. Perhaps a dungeon delver in the making. Sounds like you’ve had quite a rough time dealing with that. I hope things calm down.

I’m currently in China, at last, visiting my in-laws. It’s about 20 degrees warmer than it was back home, which is a struggle, but it’s so lovely to see them again after four years. We’re enjoying proper Chinese food and chatting without lag.

The holiday includes a bonus enforced social media break, since tekeli.li is just about the only thing that isn’t blocked. Hopefully no important emails come in the next fortnight. It’s stopping me obsessively checking for replies from that pitch I submitted, anyway!

9 Likes

As a follow-up to my latest posts in the recent games thread, we got power back tonight at around 9:30, so a bit less than 36 hours after losing it. Still gonna spend the night here, then move back home tomorrow.

Tiring couple of days. I wanted an extra day off around Easter, but not like this!

9 Likes

The renovations are still on-going.
The tile laying is proceeding nicely. Tile-laying is one of my favorite mechanisms in games and seeing the new floors in the house makes it one of my favorite parts of the renovations. This is the biggest change we’re making and it feels like we’re racing towards the finish-line. (Still some months ahead … we’re still thinking late June right now).

Of course there have been hick-ups. Minor miscommunications that just happen in a complex project with so many people involved. And of course there are Reibungsverluste when people don’t get along particularly well.

I am noticing that my ability to read is improving a bit and that I have had the energy to build inserts. For now it feels as though some of the stress is receding a little.

It’s nice to catch a break around Easter. Hope everyone else gets to take a bit of a break, too! Happy Bunnyday everyone :rabbit: :rabbit: :rabbit:

12 Likes

Busy weekend building things!

13 Likes

You built a whole human!? I’m impressed. Which plans did you use?

8 Likes

:smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

4 Likes

That one’s a longer project. Been working on it for 46 years now. Haven’t completely screwed it up but still needs a lot of work!

7 Likes

Well, it looks great. I wouldn’t change a thing, if I were you

2 Likes

I think it’s more of a position rather than a plan when you’re making a human.

3 Likes

I’m sure you mean proposition.

3 Likes

Not my best couple of days. I’ve gone down with stomach flu and spent a lot of the time on drips for the dehydration and fever. Still meant to be flying back on Wednesday, so fingers crossed for that.

13 Likes

I’ve just noticed that a shirt button has opened on my shirt and exposing my belly button! :anguished:

2 Likes

I was more concerned by the knife on the couch.

1 Like

Ha ha! That was for cutting through the frankly ridiculous amount of tape they’d used to secure the bubble wrap packaging!

2 Likes

We shall not speak of your navel adventures.

3 Likes

We understand, and that it’s quite normal to boil a good knife in bleach after use rather than, say, dropping it off a bridge over a nice deep river. Knives don’t grow on trees after all.

6 Likes

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and smooth journey, chief.

4 Likes

Oh goodness, best of luck Shim! Hydrating vibes coming your way.

4 Likes