How are you today?

You can’t fingerprint vomit.

4 Likes

As it come from his mouth to mine across a very short distance, I’m going to go with my hunch… :wink:

6 Likes

As a man who’s had a mouth full of someone else’s dog’s semi-digested stomach contents, I sympathise.

10 Likes

This manages to seem both sympathetic and like an awful form of one-upmanship at the same time.

14 Likes

I never got that fur, but I have seen cow poo (really runny) ending up a farmer’s nose when he was pushing her into the pen and she flicked her tail. That tops my personal disgusting thing to go through…

5 Likes

What you can hear now, ladies and gentlemen, is the sound of Nick rolling up his sleeves and preparing to go all Four Yorkshiremen on this thread.

13 Likes

More luck for me today for my second gig of the weekend. After thinking I’d missed my train (because I was asking a girl for her number after the gig) it turns out the train was late. Win.

10 Likes

Did you get the number?

I’ve been having real difficulty approaching people in a not-work environment these days. The mask doesn’t help, but I used to be… not confident, but at least fatalistic? Like, I would ask anyone for their number because the worst they could do would be better than what I’d imagine they would do, ya know?

Let me gain courage through your efforts…

6 Likes

I did.

She actually struck up a conversation with me while we were waiting for the first band. I go to a lot of gigs solo so I’m happy to make gig buddies for the evening.

Before the end of the gig I’d decided that I was going to ask. Not least because I’d probably not stop agonising about it afterwards if I didn’t. :joy:

6 Likes

I hate to disrupt the blossoming romance of the thread, but since you ask me… anal gland secretion and rabbit pus are up there as both have been in my mouth, but both runners. Top of my personal retch list would be getting rotting bits of lamb carcass up my nose during extraction due to twin lamb disease, and expressing a ferret’s anal glands during a castration which managed to clear the entire top floor of the practice (including consulting and waiting room) for twenty minutes. Not recommended.

14 Likes

Just so we’re clear, this is a rhetorical flourish. Romance is all well and good but disgusting things are ace.

5 Likes

That’s an amazing segue.

6 Likes

I’ll add one to the list, would not recommend having fox urine in your mouth.

6 Likes

Now now, we’ll have no foxy kink shaming here.

5 Likes

Can’t wait for your TripAdvisor review.

7 Likes

Gosh, yes, those stink, especially on male ferrets. Although I am very resistant to the retching reflex, the one time I was closer to was with a simple ear tag abscess. What came out of there made me think (if briefly) that hell would be a better option. The combination of rotten pus and gods know what other bacterial detritus made us abandon the shed.

The problem was that we needed to twist the ear tag out of the ingrown tissue to identify the animal for TB testing… so we had to go back and finish the job. The ox, funny enough, was not even bothered by it.

4 Likes

I’m glad that some smells can transcend countries! Solidarity, brother.

3 Likes

Actually, all of those I experienced in the UK. But I am pretty sure it would have been similar elsewhere.

2 Likes

I am starting to think we need a stinky vomit thread? Someone know a good pun for the title?

2 Likes

I bet I could bring something up.

5 Likes