Homeland PBF recruitment and game 1

But they could have activated at any point?

Oh, I did not notice that…

On the owning player’s turn, as part of the “activate Assets” action. Which also leaves them vulnerable to fallout such as “each player must Burn an Asset”.

In all fairness, I was not comfortable revealing the VPs and how much it will make my cases a target to a traitor, but I did honestly not realize that my asset card would have given me two soldiers.

1 Like

Well, only if the threats were successful, i.e. not handled by the agency. Which I think you didn’t have a lot of information about in the first turn of round 3 when you’d last have had a chance to do this. But yes, this is a thing to consider - a failure mode I’ve seen in this game is to think “aha, I can Drone Strike” and then fail to realise that you can only do it with the relevant asset face-up.

1 Like

(In this case do you still need the soldiers on the card? )

Not sure exactly what you’re asking, so for clarity, to Drone Strike, all these things must be true:

• it’s your turn
  • you have an asset with Drone Strike ability, face-up
  • there are two soldiers on each card that you want to Drone Strike
1 Like

(Just checking if this ability ignored any of the above)

I don’t believe there are any exceptions, but I may be wrong.

1 Like

@RogerBW : minor correction - the now Severe-4 threat should have 1 agent on it, which I placed there last round.

My first action this round will be to recruit an Asset by spending the 3 Clout I just received.

1 Like

Right, if anyone wants to throw a small value (positive!) card the way of my Imminent-1 threat it would be appreciated.

Are we thinking drone strike on the Imminent-3 threat and/or any other threats this round?

I was planning on recruiting a soldier and drone striking something. I can throw a positive your way.

I am only having positive cards this turn in case somebody is desperate, but I must admit I thought it would be easier to deal with cases. I need to start recruiting soldiers to allocate on drone strikes as well.

If you want to see the spread of Complexity levels, Detailed card summary | Homeland: The Game on BGG has the breakdown.

What’s the average @RogerBW ?

Assussanni discards: Stewart Strickland / Station Chief / 3 VP / During Threat Analysis, you may discard 1 undeployed Soldier to cancel the effects of any 1 Gold Intel card.

Impact 1 have complexity 4-8, mostly 5-7 (1-3-3-3-1).
Impact 2 have the same range, but with more of a peak in the middle (1-4-10-4-1).
Impact 3 have complexity 4-9 (1-2-4-2-2-3). Mean is ~6.8.

I’m happy to have a case drone struck from existence this turn, especially since my hand is weak.

• Claim Imminent-3 case (which I assume we are drone striking),
  • Assign a Soldier to Imminent-3 (don’t look at Intel). @Chewy77 if you could also put a soldier here and call in your drones that would be lovely,
  • Play Intel to my Severe-4 case,
  • Play Intel to DJCT’s Severe-3 case,
  • Discard an Intel card (sent to Roger by PM, just to triple-check it is allowed).

End of turn.

It is - that’s Dangerous Rabbit Hole (-2), discarded for its tokens, of which there are none.

1 2 3 4 5 6
Imminent Political Splinter Group / Soph 2 / Impact 3 / Adv 1 Clout, 1 Soldier / Lead Assussanni / Intel cards 3 / 0 soldier/s, 2 agent/s Sectarian Insurgents / Soph 1 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Agent / Lead Chewy77 / Intel cards 3 / 0 soldier/s, 1 agent/s Tom Walker / Soph 4 / Impact 2 / Adv 3 Soldier / Lead Assussanni / Intel cards 1 / 1 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Severe Radicalized Local Militia / Soph 0 / Impact 1 / Adv 2 Intel / Lead RossM / Intel cards 6 / 0 soldier/s, 1 agent/s Militant Separatists / Soph 2 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Rep, 1 Agent / Lead Chewy77 / Intel cards 3 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s General Danesh Akbari / Soph 3 / Impact 2 / Adv 1 Soldier, 1 Agent / Lead DJCT / Intel cards 3 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s Religious Extremists / Soph 3 / Impact 3 / Adv 1 Asset / Lead Assussanni / Intel cards 3 / 0 soldier/s, 1 agent/s Lone Wolf / Soph 0 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Intel / Lead UNCLAIMED / Intel cards 1 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s Majid Javadi / Soph 3 / Impact 2 / Adv 2 Agent / Lead UNCLAIMED / Intel cards 1 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Elevated Militant Separatists / Soph 2 / Impact 1 / Adv 1 Agent, 1 Rep / Lead Assussanni / Intel cards 2 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s Political Splinter Group / Soph 2 / Impact 2 / Adv 1 Clout, 1 Soldier / Lead RossM / Intel cards 1 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Guarded Guerrilla Dissidents / Soph 1 / Impact 2 / Adv 1 Soldier / Lead UNCLAIMED / Intel cards 1 / 0 soldier/s, 0 agent/s
Low

@Chewy77 to play.

Claim Lone Wolf case from the Severe row, place Intel card under it . I place the other under my imminent case Sectarian Insurgents

Recruit a soldier, place a soldier on Tom Walkers case. I don’t look at at cards because it will be wasted and chances are it could be a good card we lose by doing that.

Discard my (0) Authority Rescinded card.

Use Asset card to blow Assussani’s case to smitherins with my drone attack.

Do I have to announce what cards I put under what case as they are open??

1 Like

At least one of the intel cards you play must be to a claimed case that isn’t yours.

When you play a face-up card, everyone can see what it is and where it’s going.