Help us celebrate TEN YEARS of Shut Up & Sit Down!

I believe it was 4 years ago. Flamme Rouge was released a few days before

Someone suggested them to me

5 Likes

2012 for me. Didnā€™t realise I got on board so early.

Still remember the 2013/14 Escapist drama like it was yesterday. Oh no, where has Extra Credits gone? Why is Movie Bob ranting? Oh, SUSD have gone too, but wonā€™t say why?!

Ah, good times.

4 Likes

Man. I binge watch their first seasons and they are very endearing and special.

Im very glad they have gone for 10 years and counting

5 Likes

From looking back through the archives I think I started watching regularly in mid-2014 but first came across one or two of their videos about a year earlier.

2 Likes

Also found them via Penny Arcade sometime in, I think 2012. Never really thought about how long Iā€™ve been following them.

3 Likes

I think 2012 or 2013. When did they start the old forum? I remember being very active on Disqus before that.

2 Likes

Early to mid 2019 here as well. And through Lindybeige Glorantha Wars review. Which led to Cthulu Wars, which led to hours of catch up on YouTube. And to you lot. Which I am very very grateful for.

7 Likes

ā€œA Goddamn Megagameā€ (Watch the Skies). How could I not keep watching after that?

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been watching forā€¦ ever? I was in an episode in the 2nd season, and by then I had been a long time viewer, but gun-to-my-head I couldnā€™t tell you how I originally discovered the show.

I lived in Toronto and was very active on BGG at the time, so I probably discovered the show through that? I do know that I was nominated for Geek of the Week by Quinns, which was amazing, and then wanted to nominate Paul in return, but Paul didnā€™t think it was a good idea to be nominated so soon after Quinns.

Ten years. Gosh. Time flies.

(Edit: Having checked my GotW nomination, which was October 2011, I think itā€™s safe to say that I was watching within a month or two of the first episode, at most. I think it may have been within a week or two, although Iā€™m still not exactly sure how I found them, only that I did, and started watching everything they produced from that point forward)

8 Likes

Nice to see the Reference Pear is out celebrating by putting in an appearance next to a hailstone in a BBC News article:

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-57909700

9 Likes

Thatā€™s great : ) I hope that it really was a SUSD fan who took that photo.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a standard reference hailstone for the measurement of pears. Trust me, Iā€™m a weather doctor :face_with_monocle:

12 Likes

That is where I first saw them as well.

2 Likes