Has anyone played Troika!?

Looking through my seemingly endless itchio download page since I bought the Bundle for Equality; I found the Troika! rulebook. I think it won award, so I skimmed it a little bit, and it looks fascinating, if really loose and weird.

Has anyone played a session or a campaign with this system? Do you have any comment or feedback you could post here? Would anyone be willing to run it? :nerd_face:

Link and cover art

https://www.troikarpg.com/

1 Like

I had heard of this, but hadn’t looked into it at all until now. I promptly ordered the Numinous Edition from Exalted Funeral (physical+PDF). I’ve got a new baby at home and generally use my phone for everything, but count me in as an interested and enthusiastic PC if a PBF session gets rolling!

Now… will this prove the ideal skeleton on which to hang the meaty* robes of The Ultraviolet Grasslands? If so, then this purchase just got doubly exciting.

*side note, keyboard suggestions wanted “dong” to follow meaty. Curious choice for a keyboard app that took months to stop trying to censor my sailor’s mouth.

2 Likes

[mobile keyboarding intensifies]

†: As someone with 2 little ones

1 Like

My thumbs are ready. I usually type about 70x faster than I think anyway, so it shouldn’t be a problem. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[EDIT] @Cokho have you had a chance to read much? I’m like 5 pages in and head over heels.

2 Likes

I picked up a physical copy because it looked lovely and I was ordering Dissident Whispers and it didn’t add much to overall postage. I’ve not played a session of it yet. I’m a complete beginner but reading through it I’m liking a lot of the ideas, they seem mostly straightforward apart from the “initiative stack’” which seems a bit bonkers but perhaps it works smoothly in practice.

1 Like

Cosmic Frog comes out soon and it also plays with a bizarre initiative stack system for its turn orders. I can only really guess, but I’m betting on the best kind of nail-biting chaos. Reeks of a thought process that went: “well, yeah, maybe that’s a bit much… but it’s just too much fun to cut out”.

Yes! I loved reading the background. It’s amazing how with a few word how evocative they can make them feel.
This looks so fun, and also very different in a way.

1 Like

Well my copy shipped, which means I’ve got my PDF copy all downloaded and ready. It’s a delightful read!

[EDIT] And now I’ve got my hard copy. Do we still have a little interest?

1 Like

I really am interested! It sounds so lovely as a game, and very inspiring.

1 Like