Has anyone played or have an opinion about...?

I… I was not expecting this to exist

I mean it looks like there’s zero gameplay

But who thought Krull needed a tie-in boardgame?!

Has anyone seen this or played it?

3 Likes

OMG, I love how the box states it features “collectible 3D Prince Colwyn and Beast figures” and they look like any cheap little plastic figures you could find in a dollar store!

That phallic starfish board is very off putting.

2 Likes

Agree to disagree.

1 Like

I remember some people here talking about Noria (maybe @lalunaverde?). Has anyone played this game with two and can comment if it’s worthwhile at this player count?

I think Mr Verde has mainly played Noria with me. I’ve only played at 3 & 4. This is now an interesting question to me. I could see it going either way. Losing some player generated chaos from more players and the attendant bets and shared incentives space could be balanced out by a more strategic game space. I’m sort of thinking it would become a full planning/strategy experience which would be good with how much the wheel is a crunchy planning exercise already. Although I can’t say for sure so this speculation maybe just annoying :flushed:

1 Like

Thank you! After reading the rules, I’m concerned that the whole politician part would become trivial and a non-decision, as there really is only one option for blocking. There is a very cheap copy available around here, so I might give it a try.

1 Like

That was one if the bits I discussed with the friend I’ve played the game with most. That was the part we definitely felt would be lost. However with only 2 there might emerge some interesting tempo considerations there and the openness of that area of the game might be necessary to stop it being a snowballing game at 2 where the early lead just runs away with it and could possibly give an inflection point of changing gear on how you’ll score. It might just make it a bit bland though. I may have to try at 2 to find out. @lalunaverde you want to try a 2 player day at some point?

1 Like

Totally. :ok_hand:

Am I the only one who picked up Coffee Traders early here? I’m prepping for a teach with my partner and I’m hoping I might pick someone’s brain for any particular tips.

I don’t think it’s going to be too bad of a teach overall, but the manual is a proper disaster (though easily fixed and coming). Thankfully the graphic design of the boards is exquisite and will help immensely.

Anyway if anyone has happened to teach (or been taught!) this one yet, I’d be appreciative of anything in particular that stood out as troublesome.

:+1:

2 Likes

Has anyone got experience of One Deck Dungeon?

Our youngest is nearly 13. He likes D&D but hasn’t had much chance to play it recently. He really likes Gloomhaven, but we haven’t had that out much either recently (set up. gah).

I was thinking this might be a similar ish kind of vibe, but something that is much more likely to hit the table than GH.

I’ve only played the app, but it’s very different. Doesn’t feel much like a dungeon-crawler, more like Sagrada - roll dice and match the boxes, over and over again, keeping/building as many resources as possible so that you can fight the big boss. Also insanely difficult on the app.

2 Likes

exactly the same. played app. lovely dice matching game. I’m considering the Kickstarter for the space version. but nothing like Gloomhaven.

It’s a good game with a bit too much to remember. Pretty much every time I’ve played it physically, I’ve ended up forgetting a rule and feeling like I’ve cheated.

And yeh, with the lack of a board and such, it doesn’t feel much like a dungeon crawl.

3 Likes

Resurrecting this to ask about Import/ Export.

I’ve not played Glory to Rome. I have 2 player Mottainai and enjoy it (although don’t know it well enough for it to thrive). I love Innovation. I really enjoyed the PBF game of Container.

Any opinions?

2 Likes

Owned it, sold it. It’s not bad necessarily but neither is it great. Certainly no where near Mottainai for how well it plays. Compared to the Chudyk’s I’ve played it has a tendency to get stuck in drudgery that thin out the good bits a but too much for it to be a scintillating experience. The auctions are fine but not quite tense enough to elevate the game for me and while Mottanai and Innovation most often feel like there’s something you can do with what you have you just need to find a way while at the same time you have to block your opponent this one feels more like waiting for cards.

Interesting you mentioned Container. Now you say it I can see where it comes from but doesn’t feel in anyway related to me in game feel.

5 Likes

Echoing Wyvern here. Had a better time with both Glory to Rome and Mottainai. The blind bidding wasn’t interesting as the price ceiling is too low. The movement of goods wasn’t fluid enough - unlike Container. End up selling mine too.

The special powers on each card is very Chudyky, but it wasn’t enough to compensate with my main concerns

4 Likes

As someone who owns Mottainai, Import/Export, and Container, and has managed only a PBF of Container, I find this troubling.

Mottainai (and Innovation) have been hard for me to wrap my head around. I feel like Chudyk’s bailiwick is a “devil in the details” approach to game design, which I’ve missed out on for a number of reasons; most of which are “brain power? I have three children” related.

I need to get these things played. (alas, the aforementioned three children)

5 Likes

What do people think of Tidal Blades?

It’s pretty good. All the art is really lovely. In play it feels similar to Champions of Midgard, rolling bunches of dice to achieve objectives and competing for worker placement spots. The asymmetric characters and their different upgrades offer a variety of ways to play. If the story pitch and that gameplay do it for you then your all set.

3 Likes