Hardback asynchronous recruitment

Anyone fancy a game of Hardback? Either on BGA or the app.

Yes, please. Laguna901 in BGA

1 Like

Why not? BGA would be my choice

1 Like

I’ve sent you both an invitation.

I’m happy to play multiple games if anyone else is interested :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Any idea if we’ll be using English spelling? And are we allowed swear words?

I chose the 12dicts dictionary, which seems to contain both British and American English, as well as a variety of obscenities.

2 Likes

If it’s called 12 dicks then I’m sure I can eff and Jeff away!

2 Likes

Did you get started already? My bad for being asleep a bit too long (among other things)

2 Likes

If it’s a quick learn and you’re up for more I can have a quick read and join in.

1 Like

It should be pretty easy to learn. It is a deckbuilder where the cards are letters and you want to make words… like in other deckbuilders you get both coins (to buy new cards) and VP (to win the game) from the word you make each round.

Some cards have special powers, and you can flip cards to use as jokers but lose all their specials and income. You do not have to use all cards each round.

Winner is first across the VP line. Kind of like that. We are about to have dinner. I can open up another game sometime a bit later today :slight_smile: as above i also prefer turn based.

I assume that BGA handles all the details.

2 Likes

Started one game, but happy to start another!

1 Like

I would be happy to join three is definitely better than two :slight_smile: (myself I have only played solo so far)

What are your BGA usernames @yashima and @Lordof1 ?

1 Like

Yashimii… sorry. Yashima was taken. Could have posted that right up there somewhere.

1 Like

I think I’m Lordof1 ! I’ve watch a few let’s plays so I think I know what’s happening. So long as I have more of an idea than BotC I should be okay!

2 Likes

What’s the player count? I’ve not had a turn in the first game so am happy to start again

1-5. I’d also be interested (RogerBW on BGA) but don’t let me disrupt things that have got started.

If the 3 person game from this morning continues, either @Whistle_Pig plays 2 games :slight_smile: or I can open one for @RogerBW, @Lordof1 and myself (I have a pro account currently)

Oh, I think our one has started on BGA but we could restart with 4?

My one word was only 4 letters and a joker anyway :slight_smile: But I bought an “E” which I am going to need to make wild for my next word anyway… not enough consonants.

Or we start a third game with Roger…

1 Like