Hardback asynchronous recruitment

I’m happy to start again

I feel like I can play two of this in parallel. If @RogerBW is still interested, I would open up another one sometime tonight. Let me know who else will join that one and let the other two continue as they are.

I’m in one with whistle_pig and captbnut. I would be happy to play another if people like.

(There’s already more to it than Letter Tycoon, which while I’ve enjoyed rather a lot I’ve now found rather samey and given up after 144 games.)

3 Likes

Lol how many games of this do we have now … :slight_smile:

Can I check, do I just make the longest possible word?

1 Like

As far as I can see, each card you use in a word gives you its effects; so generally the more the better, but if you want to get a particular card’s effects you may want to go for a shorter word that includes it.

3 Likes

Cards give you vp or coin to buy cards with. Cards of a suit may have a bonus effect sometimes only when a second card of that suit is present. Leftover coin is converted to ink. You can use ink for coin or to draw more cards which you then have to use and cannot make wild. Long words are better because more coin meaning better cards.

Also: do not buy all the vowels like i did. My current word needs E E A O U and L T and I have to use an E and the U…

3 Likes

I’ve only played a few turns and I’m seriously considering tracking down a hard copy of it, it seems like a lot of fun so far.

4 Likes

i have the German version as hardcopy and I’m thinking it’s time to introduce it to my partner.

2 Likes

I think I was playing that as too much a word game and not enough a deckbuilder. Happy to give it another go though.

2 Likes

I’ve played a couple of times with my wife while the game has been going. Buying letters from no more than 2 genres so you can get the extra bonus seems like a winning strategy so far. I’m sure there must be more to it

1 Like

I basically played it as a push your luck game. Ink… pah.
Next time I go horror all the way. belated Congrats @Lordof1 btw.

I focussed on one genre and played it more like scrabble than a word game, which seemed to work here. I enjoyed it lots, but I’m shallow enough that winning helped! I’m happy to play again if anyone’s up for more.

2 Likes

I try the same thing in Star Realms. Occasionally it even works.

3 Likes