General Asynch Recruiting Thread

I got several notifications that they fixed the bugs that chased us out last time. I’d still like to take this for a full spin - full disclosure I’m one game away from a cull but I’ve never played more than 2 and I’ve heard it’s a game that doesn’t click in one play. It gets one more chance!

2 Likes

Oh hey, Neom is finally ported! It’s been playable for a long time on its own dedicated website but no one goes over there.

Play Neom for free with me: Play Neom online from your browser • Board Game Arena

I know I’ve talked about this before. It’s 7 Wonders but better. Instead of just placing cards, you have to arrange them in a road network.Instead of developing stages of a wonder, you place Cornerstone tiles that score and change your game in interesting ways. Instead of a vacuous resource set, there’s something more like a tech tree of resources that scores you points and creates a real opportunity for monopoly and trade. Instead of mostly worthless money meant to balance the resources around the table, money scores 2:1 and comes from a lot of places, offering “hold for points or invest for later” decisions. And with all that I don’t think it’s any more complex.

I turned off disasters for a first game. Worry about those later :slight_smile:

But I think of this very like New Frontiers - a lower ranked game that is just solid through and through, satisfying and replayable, and pretty darn good for the async medium.

Wish they’d stuck with the prototype names, though…

3 Likes

Fuck it, not klunded anything for a while and I was thinking earlier drafting games earlier

2 Likes

@mr.ister and @raged_norm wants New Frontier rematch. Anyone else?

1 Like

On BGA? I’ll give it a go, as my first game there. My profile is gmwhite999.

3 Likes

Play Neom for free with me: Play Neom online from your browser • Board Game Arena

What do you get when you cross 7 wonders with railroad ink with isle of Skye with suburbia with simcity?

@captbnut bought it in 2. Come join us!

2 Likes

Oh shoot, I just launched another. Feel free to cancel mine and I’ll get back in later. Or you all can run two tables.

1 Like

Thanks for Neon @Acacia and @Captbnut . Enjoyed though obviously came last. However I played (deliberately) without reading the rules to get a feeling. Happy to have a rematch and read the rules and still lose any time!

3 Likes

Four seats if anyone else wants to join @Captbnut @DJCT

I am updating rules to “standard.” I did NOT like the “random disasters” variant.

“No disasters” is good for newcomers or for a chiller, lighter experience. Normally, you have three options for dealing with disasters - pay money, discard low value tiles, or draft the disaster (you forgo one tile draft but are immune to that disaster). Random disaster setting removes that last option. And it is a very valid option, especially with newcomers at the table who may not have planned (or known how to plan) around the disaster tiles.

I’m a strong proponent of disasters in general, as they force you to think and plan and make trade-offs from the very beginning. But they only work when you have all the options available for dealing with them!

3 Likes

Some lighter fare for the week?

Play New Frontiers for free with me: Play New Frontiers online from your browser • Board Game Arena

Play Thurn and Taxis for free with me: Play Thurn and Taxis online from your browser • Board Game Arena

Play New York Zoo for free with me: Play New York Zoo online from your browser • Board Game Arena

Play Nova Luna for free with me: Play Nova Luna online from your browser • Board Game Arena

If anyone is interested in playing Stationfall PBF with a bunch of random BGG people, I have four players on board for a game I am moderating over there: Recruiting for a PBF game | Stationfall

Iirc, there was interest here, but we couldn’t get enough players to get a game going.

EDIT: sorry for the short notice, decided to start with 5 players already.

2 Likes

The Stationfall game was delayed by two weeks because I forgot I was going to the UK and in the meantime two players bailed. The remaining three are ready to roll, but it would be better with a fourth player. If anyone here is interested and active on BGG, there is an open seat.

Edit: now filled

1 Like

Anyone for a game of Spring Cleaning on BGA? Before I spring money for it!

1 Like

Im in for a game

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to try Forest Shuffle. Anyone else?
Play Forest Shuffle for free with me: Play Forest Shuffle online from your browser • Board Game Arena

Also up for another round of New York Zoo:
Play New York Zoo for free with me: Play New York Zoo online from your browser • Board Game Arena

Play Race for the Galaxy for free with me: Play Race for the Galaxy online from your browser • Board Game Arena

4 seats, Xeno Invasion on.

Play Beyond the Sun for free with me: Play Beyond the Sun online from your browser • Board Game Arena
Four seats, will start with three.

Play The Wolves for free with me: Play The Wolves online from your browser • Board Game Arena
Same same.

2 Likes

Checking in, it’s been super quiet here. And for a while now it’s been rare to get a table with more than 2 (or just 1…) people.

Uninteresting game choices? People done with BGA? Just random stuff in the way?

2 Likes

Speaking only for myself:

• I’m getting quite a bit of real world gaming
  • Heavy games suffer in async (“now what was I doing”, and the notepad is only of limited use)
  • Light games suffer in async because there’s no “buzz” around the table

Rallyman GT may be the perfect async game for me, which is why I’ve played several hundred games of it on BGA.

The same applies to PBFs of course.

2 Likes

I don’t mind BGA but I never feel like reaching to play it.

Having said that would anyone be interested in playing rivers of gold? Seems like it’s got a bit of buzz in real life via BGA

I have no idea how to play it yet. :slight_smile:

Play River of Gold for free with me: Play River of Gold online from your browser • Board Game Arena

I don’t really know how BGA works but I’ve restricted it to friends only so if anyone isn’t a friend on there and wants to play I’ll do that.

(I just wanted to limit by invite link)

1 Like