General Asynch Recruiting Thread

Play Forks: 2nd Edition for free with me: Play Forks: 2nd Edition online from your browser • Board Game Arena

This has reached beta. But I heard that @MarkSP always cheats and gets most of the rules wrong.

4 Likes

(slightly modly role)

The way I tend to feel is that if nobody will want to look at it later it might as well be a private message with multiple participants and deleted later, but if there’s stuff that might be of interest to others it should be public and you might as well leave it. (Perhaps stick it in the PBF subcategory so that people who don’t want to read can killfile it easily.)

3 Likes

Hey! That’s a half-truth.

3 Likes

Anyone up for Glass Road on BGA?

2 Likes

YASS(SSSSSSSS for 10 characters)

2 Likes

I’ll need to read the rules, but I’d like to give it a go.

1 Like

Not right now.

I’m going to be on a ship. When I return though…

I’ve called it Roborally in medieval Germany.

Basically, try to plan your next 3-5 moves then watch as other players and your own inability to track all the variables laugh at your plans.

2 Likes

I’m down for glass road, not sure who else is but it’s a best at 3 players game

2 Likes

I set up Glass Road for 4.

Core conceit is classic Uwe - collect resources, invest in buildings that give you ongoing abilities, one time boosts, or end-game points (think Arle, Nusfjord), and try to maximize your selected points engines.

Instead of worker placement, you choose a card each round. Start of round, you choose 5 of your 15 cards to be your hand, then each turn you choose 1 of the cards remaining from those 5.

When you choose a card, if someone else is also holding that card, they play it for free. You both only get half the action. If no one else is holding that card, you get the entire action alone. I won’t rewrite the rulebook here, but there are some interesting timing effects when two people choose the same card at the same time.

Resources are tracked on a wheel rather than tracks or tokens. The wheel is divided in two parts, raw goods on one side of a needle and composite goods (glass or brick) on the other side. When you have at least one of each raw good, and room for another composite good (max 3), you IMMEDIATELY and AUTOMATICALLY consume one of each raw good to make the composite. This can lead to some interesting situations where your wheels gobble up goods you intended for other purposes. It’s a lot to track.

1 Like

I… won? How did I do that?

2 Likes

You didn’t just win

That was a beat down

3 Likes

You stuck a fork in them?

3 Likes

Cancel my Kickstarter order, I’ll clearly never do that well again.

(38 vs 12, -2, -6.)

5 Likes

“Again!” cries -6

3 Likes

FORKS

Play Forks: 2nd Edition for free with me: Play Forks: 2nd Edition online from your browser • Board Game Arena

2 Likes

Separately, anyone interested in giving Ginkgopolis another go? I played it in Alpha and Beta. It was amazing when played quickly but difficult with slowplay. It’s out of Beta now and I’m wondering if they did anything like highlighting each players last tile and such to aid with gamestate tracking.

If they cracked the async nut during beta, I definitely want to know about it.

2 Likes

Anyone want to try Nova Luna?

It’s an Uwe reworking of Habitats (I’ve played the latter). A smidge simpler. Tutorial is about 1 minute flat.

2 Likes

I’m up for pretty much running games of Forks. It’s interesting, it’s easy, it’s good async, and contributing our clicks to the active game count seems like a communal thing to do. I’m sure @MarkSP has other friends but I feel like the game is in the “one of us!” category.

If anyone sets another up, loop me in.

6 Likes

Are you playing with merge mode on?

2 Likes