Fury of Dracula PBF

@Whistle_Pig is Godalming
@RogerBW is Mina

I rewatched the How to Play video. One thing I noticed that was wrong is regarding train movement. You are allowed to move UP TO the number printed on the ticket, you do NOT have to move the full amount. Otherwise, it was a pretty good summary of the rules. And I am happy to answer any questions or clarify anything that people are finding confusing.

1 Like

Do our heroes have default starting locations?

Depends on whether we are playing the Advanced Game:

1. Place Hunters: Each hunter places his or her figure on a
    city on the board. Lord Godalming is placed in Constanta
    (A), Dr. John Seward is placed in Marseilles (B), Mina
    Harker is placed in Brussels (C), and Van Helsing is placed
    in Amsterdam (D). When playing the advanced game,
    each hunter chooses their own starting city (see “Advanced
    Game Setup” on page 2 in the Rules Reference).

Unless there are objections, I intend to use most of the advanced rules. Players will choose their starting locations, Dracula will have his power cards, and Lairs are allowed. However, I think I don’t want to include rumor tokens, as an early vampire maturation with one can be really demoralizing for the hunters.

That said, I am willing to consider arguments for or against anything above.

1 Like

I’ve got to actually read the rule book? Fair enough

1 Like

I am happy to do a rules explanation.

I know @gmwhite99 has not played 3rd or 4th editions. Anyone else not played these at all?

TTBOMK 3rd once.

Digital version. Powers I get, lairs I understand but don’t really see their point.

I had to look up what this meant.

I’ll probably be fine just reading the rule book, assuming I can find the 4th edition one as the 3rd edition one is on BGG I think. A lot of it is much the same as 1st edition but combat seems slightly different. (Note to self: must remember that stakes no longer instantly kill Dracula!) Some of the other mechanics seem similar to other games I know too, like encounters maturing seeming a bit like how the Legendary games handle that.

The ones I linked near the top of the thread claim to be the WizKids 4th edition.

1 Like

4th ed rules were essentially 3rd with (most) ambiguities removed, and you mostly just need the Learn to Play guide as with a moderator, the edge cases and ambiguities will be for me to clean up (though use the Rules Reference to clarify anything you feel fuzzy on).

1 Like

If space becomes available at any point, I’d be keen to give this a go.

2 Likes

I will keep you in mind in the event someone drops out.

1 Like

Okay, thanks to the generosity of BGG, I have a majority of the graphics we may need. Below is the board. Hunters can begin discussing start positions. I will open a new thread when the game begins in full.

A few ground rules, in line with the actual game rules. Dracula hears all table talk, except when hunters are involved in a trade action. Therefore, no private messaging between hunters if it involves the game. Feel free to include me if you’d like, but it’s not mandatory. Therefore, no private messaging when discussing start positions.

@RogerBW - let me know if the image file sizes will be a problem and I’ll figure out a workaround. The updated board state will be posted at least once for each game turn, but may be updated multiple times, depending on importance of the change.

This is my first time moderating a forum based game, so please be patient with me, especially with a game like this that has a lot of information to keep track of. Definitely point out anything you notice that is wrong (i.e. I forget to update a card count for someone, neglect to move a figure, etc.), and hopefully this will go smoothly for all of us. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It should be fine - they’re bigger than the files for many PBF games but there’s a fair bit of detail.

We get some advantage if I, as Mina, am in the same place as another investigator.

Can I confirm these are the Hunter abilities being used?

Yes, these are the correct abilities. They are also listed on the game board image I posted above.

1 Like

Sorry, must be blind. Not used to this direct sunlight.

1 Like

(I realise it’s not quite the same thing, but anyone who didn’t make this one – or who did! – and fancies a different hidden-movement game is welcome over at Anyone for a Whitehall Mystery? .)

3 Likes