Emojis: scourge on society, or a threat to all we hold dear?

:trophy: :1st_place_medal:

1 Like

How about another:

:bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone: :bone:

Another:
:steam_locomotive: :railway_car: :bullettrain_side: :bullettrain_front: :train2: :metro: :light_rail: :tram: :monorail: :mountain_railway: :train:

2 Likes

Too many bones !

The second one… Railway of the world?

2 Likes

Not what I had in mind, but I realize now that it would have been better to do:

:bullettrain_side: :bullettrain_side: :bullettrain_side: :bullettrain_side:

1 Like

Trains :train:

3 Likes

2 Likes

To be followed by:

:train2: :train2: :sunrise:

2 Likes

Which, as everybody knows, is the sister game: Sun: Rising Trains where players take on the role of vacation property owners on the Sun, vying to build the best resorts where people can visit and use tower viewers to watch as the most majestic of Earth’s trains come into view - all while they burst into flames, because people can’t survive on the surface of the sun.

6 Likes

:x:

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Fine, Trains: Rising Sun

(Hisashi Hayashi, when you read this (as of course you do from deep within your secret underground Game Designer Hideout), hit me up, I have a ton more great ideas!)

2 Likes

I make a silly suggestion, I go away for a while to play with Lego, sleep, then play with Lego some more, and I finally come back to find this madness? I’m so proud!

6 Likes

More fun:

:thinking: :bulb: :money_mouth_face: :question: :hash:

Another (probably pretty difficult and likely way too vague)

:articulated_lorry: :corn: :pig2: :cow2: :fuelpump: :motorway:

1 Like

That paragraph was intended very specifically with respect to the aside about emoji art styles. It has very little to do with the broader nature of emoji hence breaking it out into a separate section. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be gleaning from the juxtaposition, as a result.

In the paragraph I excerpted, you said on one hand that you wanted “nuance and flavor” and on the other that this was a way of attaining “intimate, unspoken understanding.” I took you to be talking about the use of emoji, as opposed to text, as a medium in which to express yourself, and saying that their use seemed to you to enable a deeper meeting of minds than was possible by relying on words as a medium.

And I was saying, first, that this depends on your particular cast of mind, and that for me, emoji don’t convey much understanding; but second, that I believe you underestimate the expressive power of words.

I’m not at all trying to say, in this, that words are superior. Rather, I’m saying that the expressive power of text shouldn’t be underestimated, and that I think you may be doing that.

1 Like

As I just said, I’m not contrasting words with emoji. I’m talking about different emoji styles.

An easy one:

:motorway: :motorway: :rowing_man: :rowing_man:

Another easy one?:

:new_moon:

Ooh, and:

:pizza::hamburger: :chains: :magnet:

And a trickier one:

:baby: :child: :adult: :older_adult: :older_man:

Roads & Boats!

Food Chain Magnate

I’m not sure on the others yet…

1 Like

You win half a :trophy:

Dark Moon
and
Through the Ages?

3 Likes

You win the other half of the :trophy: !

Now you just need to meet up sometime and apply some glue.

2 Likes