Does anyone want to play Antiquity on Boardgamecore?

Snap. I’ve got proper FOMO

1 Like

If there is demand for another game I might be up for it.

1 Like

When I say, “that sucks”, I mean I took a gamble and both of you did the thing I gambled you wouldn’t do, not that I would prefer an easier version of the game. It’s fine, I had great plans for a university, now I’ll just have to settle for less.

1 Like

Sure. Im up for a game.

1 Like

@Benkyo to play.

I feel like somebody showed me how to wave my arms around, put me in front of an orchestra and ran away; I’m not having any trouble doing what I think needs to be done - but I have no idea what actually n needs to be done and I’m just waiting for it to come crashing down around me.

1 Like

91 posts were split to a new topic: Antiquity - BoardGameCore Game #1 - Benkyo, mr.ister, pillbox

Over to @mr.ister

Hmm, a little too much of this for an asynch game, isn’t there? Shane there isn’t an option for more simultaneous moves when it makes no difference.

And it’s @pillbox again.

Yes I agree. Usually you would play the first few rounds simultaneously. Time zones might make this difficult but maybe we could try to do this in real-time chunks? I can’t commit to play a whole game in one sitting, but I could spare and hour here or there, if that’s an option.

Nope, we’ll just have to take our time over it. Doesn’t bother me, just seems inefficient.

Back to @pillbox

@pillbox, looks like you are out of the running already. That inn destroyed your potential for farming, and you now have no source of food.

Hmm. I could have sworn I had another fish to harvest… but… that is not the case!

You lost one due to lack of storage, but the main thing is that you just don’t have any way to get more food, other than 3 more fish. Perhaps there is a way out of that hole?

You get a fisherman with wood but for all other foods you need the appropriate seed. You can either try to build biology or build a market and trade for food.

edit: You can buy the market next building phase and I’ll trade you some grain for your fish if you want.

@mr.ister to pollute.

Forgot about storage!

I think I can build a market and trade 2-to-1 with the game.

Done building and I’m out for today. See you tomorrow!

@mr.ister to do a cool move

Looks like we’ll break here for today

I think your only way out is a 1:1 trade, fish for other food, then cart to build farm, assuming that order works.

Your explorer has nowhere to explore.

1 Like

Yeah, I really botched this game!

I’m just lucky that my mistaken assumptions were correctable. I placed my city thinking a harbour would be useful, then I thought I could risk you two not exploring immediately, and I thought I had room for a university. Then I realized the harbour would be pretty useless about the same time I realized the university was right out of the question. I had also completely underestimated the speed at which pollution would swamp me. By sheer chance, I had room for and was able to pivot to a brewery, despite mistakenly thinking you could flip tiles and not just rotate them, and this solved all my problems.

1 Like

Studying the rules of this game only gets you so far, the only way to really figure out its systems is to play it, so the first one or two games will always be learning games.

Also, I just read in the FAQ that the trade mechanism apparently doesn’t work in this implementation, which means I have you bad advice, you lost another turn and now the only way back is by building biology. And that’s going to take at least three more turns before you actually can get food again. Meaning there is no way you are going to catch up, and chances are you won’t have a lot of fun.
If you guys want we could call it and reset?

(@Benkyo would be up)