Does anyone want to play Antiquity on Boardgamecore?

I’m mrister over at BGC.

1 Like

Also, please have another go at writing that entry in the other thread, so I know why I’m playing =)

2 Likes

Sounds like there’s already a full-ish game. I’d be interested in playing if a second game gets underway (and if people don’t mind somebody in a US time zone)

It’s a 4-player game?

(And only 2 confirmed players so far)

1 Like

Well, if there’s room I’m in.

I guess I should go learn to play

2 Likes

Please do! It’s very good: Why is your favourite game, your favourite game?

1 Like

OK, so we have 4 players, which is a full game, but I’m waiting for usernames from @EnterTheWyvern and @pillbox to confirm and start the game (with the one-move-a-day timer unless another preference is stated).

I have successfully registered as pillbox!

1-cool-move-per-day is good for me

2 Likes

Actually, I’m going to set the timer much longer, and just hope we all maintain a decent pace. We aren’t strangers, and someone dropping from a time-out due to unforeseen circumstances would be a damn shame. Just waiting to see if EnterTheWyvern is still interested.

1 Like

I don’t think that you actually get kicked out because of a timer. I think it just serves as an indicator for what speed is to be expected from players who join a game.

2 Likes

I might bow out as you already have someone with experience of the game. The timing isn’t ideal for me currently. Good luck and I hope you all enjoy the game

2 Likes

OK, game created.

2 Likes

Thanks! If you have any questions, just ask away! I cannot garantuee that I can answer them but I will try.

If you have the rules PDF, you might want to take a look at the basic strategy tips on the last page. Especially the first bullet point is really important: make sure that you don’t run out of wood! This is the easiest way to get stuck because under certain circumstances you might not be able to build anymore. So make sure that you either have at least one wood in storage or even better have at least one woodcutter on the map at all times.

1 Like

I think I’ve done my setup step? But if I haven’t please let me know!

The UI is rather spartan.

Enjoy the game. I skipped since I have several async games at the moment.

3 Likes

Mee too. I think it was only placing the city and validating for now, right?

I am also still figuring out the UI. You can see your city if you click your name and the icon next to our names gives you a bunch of display options.

1 Like

Woo, there’s a lot to do in the build phase. I think I got it all right. Place your buildings, click the “free” houses, place them, man your buildings.

I like orange’s start position.

Uhh, I think I know what I think I know about playing this game.

But don’t quote me on that.

I didn’t get an email for my turn, so perhaps we should use this thread to prompt whenever there is an action to be taken.

@mr.ister to build.

2 Likes

I went into the profile options and thought I turned on email notifications but I didn’t get an email either.

Probably a good idea to page people here just in case