Does anyone want to play Antiquity on Boardgamecore?

Mee too. I think it was only placing the city and validating for now, right?

I am also still figuring out the UI. You can see your city if you click your name and the icon next to our names gives you a bunch of display options.

1 Like

Woo, there’s a lot to do in the build phase. I think I got it all right. Place your buildings, click the “free” houses, place them, man your buildings.

I like orange’s start position.

Uhh, I think I know what I think I know about playing this game.

But don’t quote me on that.

I didn’t get an email for my turn, so perhaps we should use this thread to prompt whenever there is an action to be taken.

@mr.ister to build.

2 Likes

I went into the profile options and thought I turned on email notifications but I didn’t get an email either.

Probably a good idea to page people here just in case

Yeah, it works for FCM, maybe it’s broken for Antiquity (the FAQ seems to indicate Antiquity needs some work).

1 Like

Yes I’m pretty happy with my position as well.

I ready somewhere on the site that email notification is not available for Antiquity. Also, I noticed this game is going to run quite asynchronous indeed given that we are located on three different continents (if I’m not mistaken). Anyway, @pillbox is up!

Can you clarify why your explorer doesn’t appear to have been used?

Explore happens after building and harvest!

Huh, so both of you opting to explore with a granary means I’m almost guaranteed a grave or two. That sucks.

Yeah probably that’s what’s going to happen. There’s a reason why there is a beginner’s variant without famine and pollution in the rulebook. So we’re pretty much jumping in the deep end. Welcome to Antiquity!

/edit: However, 1-2 graves early on are annoying, but not that bad. The hospital for example lets you clean up graves later on. But yeah, the granary is probably one of the most useful building (especially since you don’t need to man it) and the earlier you build it, the more you profit.

Snap. I’ve got proper FOMO

1 Like

If there is demand for another game I might be up for it.

1 Like

When I say, “that sucks”, I mean I took a gamble and both of you did the thing I gambled you wouldn’t do, not that I would prefer an easier version of the game. It’s fine, I had great plans for a university, now I’ll just have to settle for less.

1 Like

Sure. Im up for a game.

1 Like

@Benkyo to play.

I feel like somebody showed me how to wave my arms around, put me in front of an orchestra and ran away; I’m not having any trouble doing what I think needs to be done - but I have no idea what actually n needs to be done and I’m just waiting for it to come crashing down around me.

1 Like

91 posts were split to a new topic: Antiquity - BoardGameCore Game #1 - Benkyo, mr.ister, pillbox

Over to @mr.ister

Hmm, a little too much of this for an asynch game, isn’t there? Shane there isn’t an option for more simultaneous moves when it makes no difference.

And it’s @pillbox again.

Yes I agree. Usually you would play the first few rounds simultaneously. Time zones might make this difficult but maybe we could try to do this in real-time chunks? I can’t commit to play a whole game in one sitting, but I could spare and hour here or there, if that’s an option.

Nope, we’ll just have to take our time over it. Doesn’t bother me, just seems inefficient.