Discussion: PBF Roads & Boats "The Valley" 4-player

I think so. I assume you get first dibs each turn though?

Related question - if you move a transporter through a hex that has goods on it that aren’t already on a transporter, can you take them?

1 Like

Research? No. On the production phase you do the research, you have the option to upgrade any wagon factories you have a transporter on. After that, you personally can build truck factories. Goods on someone else’s transporter can be used by mutual agreement.

A built truck factory can be used by anyone, of course. You don’t get “first dibs” @Captbnut

2 Likes

Yes, goods can picked up and dropped off freely during move.

Aha. So a wagon factory becomes a truck factory. Got it!

An interesting illustrative example is if you have a transporter on a steamer factory someone else built and you research rowboat factories. Yes, you can “upgrade” the steamer factory to a rowboat factory…

I assumed they were pioneers of some kind, but they are named after cricket players? Cricket playing donkeys…

1 Like

I’d pay to see that.

Yep, England bowlers

First time I’ve seen a sawmill that isn’t on a home marker, hence the mistake - I’ll fix it soonish.

1 Like

I am nothing if not eccentric!

1 Like

OK, now you all committed your non-brick turns, I’m going to say that 5 WP that no-one can take away from you for the low low price of one board is such a bargain!

I’m sure you all have excellent reasons for not building the wonder, and there’s no need to explain them to me. I’m just sayin’. Of course, there is some self-interest in this advice, because the bricks are also the game clock…

2 Likes

Makes joke about being an England fan in the 90s

@RossM has built a woodcutter on 6-5. Is it one building per hex in total, or one building per hex per player?

Total. One building per tile.

2 Likes

Roads, bridges and walls don’t count.

1 Like

Also, I think this bears reiterating: The only things that are yours, are the things in your colour: transporters, home token, and walls, and the goods currently carried by your transporters.

Your question does not make sense if you understand that no-one has ownership of any buildings.

1 Like

You know Feta does not have to remain in 2-6, right? If the intent is to get the geese to reproduce…

1 Like

Ahh, thank you! I merely forgot to move Feta back to 2-5

2 Likes

In your last two turns, you have used singular “brick” and singular “log”. In both cases, I assumed you meant 2 of the goods referred to. I hope my assumptions were correct. In future, please specify how many of the goods on a tile should be picked up.

If the resolution is too low, let me know and I will post higher resolution images.

To put something on the wonder, does it have to be on a transporter