Container - Game 1

I bid 6 cards, PM incoming.

2 Likes

Quick question, could @Whistle_Pig just pass?

A bid of $0 is equivalent to passing, no?

1 Like

Is that a hint that I need to hurry up and bid? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Take your time! Take all the luxurious time you need! Provided, that is, you need the time to double-check the massive pile of money you are bidding. :wink:

3 Likes

I bid 3 cards. Iā€™ll PM in a sec.

2 Likes

Not at all! I wonā€™t be updating maps for about 3 hours anyway.

2 Likes

How are ties settled in auctions? Assuming the seller doesnā€™t buy?

2 Likes

Tied top bids enter a second bid, auctioneer isnā€™t allowed to choose to accept or decline until thereā€™s a clear winner. Noting that the second bid is in addition to the amounts committed to the initial pot.

[EDIT] Example: you tie with a $20 bid and want to make your total $22 in the showdown, you bid only $2.

Yes. Although in most cases itā€™s best to use your bluff to coax other players into bidding a little higher, if youā€™re dead broke, everyone knows it and you donā€™t plan to take a loan, might as well just call sitting this one out. Iā€™ve seen auctions won for a pittance though so usually you want to participate in some way or another.

3 Likes

All bids are in:

• Captbnut: $2
  • RossM: 4 :squid:

And tied for the highest bid, @VictorViper and @Whistle_Pig at $7 and Ā£7, respectively.

Please submit your tiebreaker bids!

EDIT: Not sure if bids are public info yet; obscuring until I can check the rules
EDIT2: Bids are revealed once everyone has submitted.

2 Likes

I bid two cards. PM sent!

1 Like

@pillbox, thatā€™s a fine profit!

2 Likes

I bid 1 card

3 Likes

Final tie breaker bids have been tabulated:

Whistle_Pig: Ā£0 for a total of Ā£7

And the winner of shiny new containers, VictorViperā€™s $2 for a grand total of $9

On behalf of the people of Island, PILLBOX Ltd would like to thank all participants. Bid accepted, granting an additional $9 subsidy for a total of $18.

1 Like

National motto: ā€œOne Day We Hope To Be Able To Afford A Name For Our Countryā€.

2 Likes

Do we want to name the island?

1 Like

@VictorViper is next? Iā€™m assuming for a cash poor turn.

1 Like

This guy? I donā€™t know what youā€™re talking about.

@VictorViper takes a loan. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Buy a White machine for $9

Produce Black, White and Brown, paying $1 to Union Boss @pillbox.

1 Like

Prices for your containers?

Oh whoops! $2 for all!

1 Like