Clash of Cultures Game 1

Please note that when I sent “tentative turn 1, please check for errors:” I didn’t expect those moves to be played immediately when my turn rolled around. No matter, it’s done now.

Action 2:
Move settler SW, see what I find. As Mightysploosh did, please place it as you see fit, and I’ll let you know if it needs changing.

Action 3:
Unchanged from what I sent you, so you know what to do, and that it’s conditional on the exploration result.

I had wondered about that. Thank you for letting me know. I will strive to do better. Here is your tile revealed.

We await your action 3. @Benkyo

I thought I was blue?

1 Like

Alrighty! good thing that error easy to fix!

Let me know if it will be swiveled around or not. @Benkyo

That’s fine.

Can you explain why it would only be one barbarian placed on a barbarian event? Looks like 2 to me, from the rules.

Action 3: collect 1 wood, 1 iron.

You are correct (acknowledged with liking post).
I was thinking of Barbarians move when there are none on the board. Then you would only create 1 settlement along with only 1 infantry. (you wouldn’t add the second one).

Oh wow, I hadn’t noticed that. So, events are nearly all bad?

Sounds like a viable strategy would be not to explore, and settle the mountain and woods. Early barbarian immunity.

They are not all that bad. And they are most times easy to kill. But you do need to try and advance and build as much as you can for victory points. You want to explore so that you can decide how the map will be placed/revealed.

and with that, we will start a new round.

Aztecs is next @MIGHTYSploosh

I notice you are using the variable end game variant. Is that the only variant in use?

(I am not averse to a variable end game - it’s the default in Oath, for example)

EDIT: one more question - since I am the only one without irrigation, can you give me an indication of how much damage famine could do? Or what the rough odds of it occurring are? I feel like I’m flying blind, with no idea what risks I am taking.

EDIT2: I don’t think I’ve seen any image of what leaders I have access to. Could you provide one?

The original end game should be on the reverse side of the piece, so maybe he didn’t get a picture of it. We could still end the game at the end of round 6 like normal. I will let @Delwayne answer that.

My 1st action will be to move my settler SE. Then I’ll see what the tile looks like.

Thank you for mentioning that. Yes, it is the only variant in use, besides the normal advanced units and buildings as shown on the Player Aid shown earlier. We have found the game playing time to be short otherwise.

1 Like

Aztecs to continue… @MIGHTYSploosh

Examples of Famine events. (I don’t have the odds computed)

Everyone’s possible leaders…

Final actions will be move settler NE and create a settlement there.

@Delwayne has my orders

End turn for Aztecs

Start turn for Rome.
Move settler south east.
first we will confirm tile placement.

Oho, clearly you spent so many moves getting so close to benefit from trade, right? Right?

I see where this is going =P

Rome end turn.

next up will be Persia @Benkyo

Persia… @Benkyo
You still confirming your pre-orders after seeing map?