Chicago Express BGA Async Recruitment

I have access to the alpha of this on BGA. I’ve never played, but it’s high on my list.

I can invite 4 or 5 players to a game.

Who’s interested?
@lalunaverde I know you like it
@pillbox trains?
@Whistle_Pig ?

This is a teach, but it’s not great at explaining what you have to do to win!

2 Likes

yeah! Let’s go!

1 Like

Sure :slight_smile: I’ve played once before, but I will refresh my memory on the rules

1 Like

To win: Cash cash money! :sunglasses:

But seriously: since shares do not count on your final total of your money (player with the most money wins) you always have to ask yourself if investing X amount of money on a Y share is a good idea. At the start this is usually obscure to see. Bid too low, you get a deal, but your company will only have a bit of money. Bid high, you spend loads, but your company has more money to spend.

Also, always pay attention on how much money everyone has at hand, those are their ammo for the auctions, and also indicates who is in the lead. And what shares everyone have. Ask yourself who you want to help and who you want to screw over or be a lazy partner to.

3 Likes

I’d love to try this one.

1 Like

I haven’t had a chance to play my copy of the game yet, so I’d be up for a game of this on BGA.

1 Like

Great. 1 more slot available

Maybe best to stick with 5. 6 isnt the best

1 Like

Ok

If there is more interest I can start another game.

The 2 other alphas I’ve played have been good, hope this isn’t too buggy

1 Like

I’ll jump in on the next game

Sorry @pillbox

I can invite up to 5 people per 24 hours, and then once you’ve been in a game you’re in the alpha testing group for it.

Anyone else want to be in a second table? @Acacia?

I’m in for GWT if you’re still on that circuit. Chicago Express is a complete unknown to me, so I’ll bow out for the testing phases.

I’ve read the rules before, but not having actually played the game, I’ll watch the video tonight and be ready to go.

1 Like

I’m expecting the usual Ister beatdown

1 Like

Playing a train game with @lalunaverde? I’m less optimistic, but we’ll see.

3 Likes

So another kicking from @mr.ister !!

Well played

1 Like

Thank you! But I have to say that @yashima would have taken the win easily had she not overbid during the last two rounds. Anyways, great fun! I’m really glad that I finally got to play this game and I’m happy that I have a copy. Now I just need to get it played.

2 Likes

Everyone who played should now be in the alpha group for Chicago Express and able to start/ participate in games with anyone else in the group.

I didn’t really have a clue what was going on tbh! Auction games don’t really lend themselves to async because they are so stop-start. I’d like to play again if others are up for it, but I’d like some more tips. Like what to do!!

For example, I must have grossly overpaid for the Wabash share. I think because it had come back to me at such a high price it must be worth buying!!!

2 Likes

I had no idea what I was doing. So I didn’t really know when to stop bidding. It’s probably like with poker… when someone at the table really has no idea when to bluff and when to stop it throws off everyone else’s game.

3 Likes

I think it is key to look out for the end game triggers. If you’re confident that the game will end in two or three rounds you can get a pretty good idea about how many more payouts will occur. That way you can assess how much a share is probably worth.

I don’t recall how much you payed for the Wabash, but I definitely underestimated it’s potential. Instead of going east, you could have gone directly to Chicago. It would have been worth 8$ which would have been payed out immediately and again at the end of the round. So it can be pretty profitable.

3 Likes